sticky tires

Geodriller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay if money is no object and i could care less how long a tire lasts or handles in the rain or snow.

what tire will simply hook up and go when it comes to street legal tires that i can put on my 22'' stock rims 305/40series

thanks.

Hey I have toyo S/T's... is that why i have a harder time then most breaking the tires loose rolling in first? Guys are saying they can smoke the tires instantly hammering it in first doing about 20mph... i can break them loose but they still hook up really good...

I have toyo on my truck now . They are good tires but I'm going to try BFG's this yeas and c what tires I like more .

I have had the OEM (obiviously) and I currently have the Toyo on the Wolf and the BFGs on Peggy's #19... I like the BFGs Much Better. However, I can buy two sets of the Toyo for the price of one set of BFGs..... :)

for those that drive the truck on a regular basis...the oem pirellis are actually a great tire

they're a little dangerous in the rain when they're at the wear limit...but technically you aren't supposed to be driving on them at that point anyways;)

the continentals were about the best tire ever, imo...

i'm on my 4th set now... toyos...but i think i may go back to the pirellis after these wear out unless someone else steps up...

i always been a fan of the BFG. Its a 300 treadwear compond so they wear out pretty fast but they work decent

BFG what?

Heres what I have and like them alot so far. I am about to add another 300-400 hp to the truck too, so not sure how they are gonna like that though.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/toyo-proxes-s-t-35620/

300-400more hp. holy crap, sounds fun. and i dont tink any tire would like that. excpt slicks:D

Hey I have toyo S/T's... is that why i have a harder time then most breaking the tires loose rolling in first? Guys are saying they can smoke the tires instantly hammering it in first doing about 20mph... i can break them loose but they still hook up really good...

is that what is in ur av pic. cuz i was guna ask u bout that. love that tread pattern. and yes a good set of tires will def make the diff in 1st gear. i have kuhmo's and i cant evn go wot on some roads in first. and im pretty much stock. but not for long. that is why im askin bout tires. with my upgrades in the next couple days, even my caltracs arent helpin muc, still gotta get em adjusted just right tho. black top seems to be the worst cuz the tires break and they freakin scream so if there is a cop within a mile im busted:mad:

for those that drive the truck on a regular basis...the oem pirellis are actually a great tire

they're a little dangerous in the rain when they're at the wear limit...but technically you aren't supposed to be driving on them at that point anyways;)

the continentals were about the best tire ever, imo...

i'm on my 4th set now... toyos...but i think i may go back to the pirellis after these wear out unless someone else steps up...

but this thread is about hookin up tires. do u still stand by ur post. and im not tryin to be a smart ass. askin a serious quest. cuz i have herd bad things about both of those tires:dontknow:

continentals were FANTASTIC tires...if they made them still i would have gotten a second set...

i have the toyo proxes on now...they're ok...they're a little hard on the compound, and the traction rating is less so they aren't as sticky...in the rain they tend to push a little in the corners...i.e. the whole truck will move instead of the back end sliding...

with almost 100k...i've used the pirellis, kumhos, continentals, and now the toyos... but the toyos are under $600 for a set...so...you get what you pay for...

What about the Nittos? I've used them on other vehicles and liked the but how are they on our trucks? Just curious cuz I'm gonna need tires soon too!

gettin close to time here for new shoes.

the BFG's have done a great job. the price is down, so thats a plus.

:rock::rock::rock:

Kuhmos I had 2sets and I had the truck drand new and I have 84,000 on it now about evey 4 years I buy new tires and. Drive my 10 every day

you keep them rotated & check air pressure regular????

been thinkin bout tryin nitrogen:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

okay if money is no object and i could care less how long a tire lasts or handles in the rain or snow.

what tire will simply hook up and go when it comes to street legal tires that i can put on my 22'' stock rims 305/40series

thanks.

Hook up and go in a straight line or curves? What are you after? Tires seem to be a popular topic with many different viewpoints or opinions/preferences.

My opinion FWIW, is Pirelli for everyday use with stock suspension. These tires seem to get a lot of bad press but I found them to be fine. Granted when its wet, they demand respect of your right foot. I would presume this would hold true regardless of any tire that was used on a 5K pound truck with a 500HP plus motor in it.

Changing tires from OEM specs may invoke other undesirable handling and performance characteristics. Tires are part of the suspension system. When Dodge designed our trucks they used the Pirelli tire as part of the suspension design. Which tire to use with an other than OEM suspension is a good question. The truly right answer would be complicated.

If it were me asking this question, I'd stick with the OEM tire for everyday use or road/autocross duty with stock suspension. If I was going to drag race and wanted to use the OEM 22's, I'd probably go with the BFG KDW's on the rear. Road race with altered suspension: I'd probably go with the BFG's again but only after some suspension design work to ensure the BFG's would be adequate.

What about the Nittos? I've used them on other vehicles and liked the but how are they on our trucks? Just curious cuz I'm gonna need tires soon too!

Some folks have used the Nitto 420S -- don't recall the results though. Lately, I've found the Nitto tire to be cheaper ($180 range) per unit as compared to most, including the OEM Pirelli. The Pirelli was priced under $200 per tire about a year or so ago. Now they are going for around $250 each. I guess Pirelli got really proud of there tires once they started sponsoring F1...:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back