Stiker Heads flow sheets

pokeytemplar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have checked out jmcylinderheads site and they have never posted any of their flow sheets on their Striker heads. I know they offer several combinations of valve sizes etc., so if you could include that with the flow sheet I would really appreciate it.

pokeytemplar said:
I have checked out jmcylinderheads site and they have never posted any of their flow sheets on their Striker heads. I know they offer several combinations of valve sizes etc., so if you could include that with the flow sheet I would really appreciate it.

http://jmcylinderheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/strikergeniiinumbers.jpg

Big maximum flow numbers but also big gains (where it counts) in the intermediate lift range.
Combined with the right cam to take advantage of the heads, large gains in horsepower and torque. Also a significant boost in gas mileage (if you care) ;)
I picked up a solid 20% in gas mileage (pen and paper calculation) around town and a wee bit more on the highway.

Last edited:
man what an improvement

what kind of price would this run ,,,and what cam swap would it take

REPOSTED:

The heads and cam were through a deal setup by Nathan and the savings were substantial. If you are looking for bang for the buck, there are cheaper ways to go than n.a. but n.a. is what I wanted. Besides it is a great future base for additional mods, s/c turbo or whatever.

I think Nathan is currently arranging the last group buy.

I just spoke with Jeff @ JM Cylinder Heads (the birthplace of the Strikers) and the heads are $6995 fully assembled, with the Jesel roller rockers and hardened push rods. You will have to add for valve cover spacers and a billet roller cam. The cam change is relatively cheap and helps take advantage of the heads. The cam choice I made was quite conservative but it is a heavy pig of a truck and I didn't want to change it enough to make it less than fully drivable.

The intake port takes a far more direct shot at the chamber than the stockers and requires an offset rocker. Plus the fact that the shaft mount Jesel gear won't fit under the stock covers. Plus gaskets, plugs, install costs if applicable, if you want a higher c.r., etc.

Tell your wife (if applicable); "Hey, it's time to change the antifreeze anyways, so I might as well buy the Strikers and cam now and do it all at once". It worked for me...:)

I did all of the install work myself because that is a good way to learn.

I left the manifolds alone as I think they work best that way for my application. I.O.W. in intentional port mismatch (intake ports are larger than the manifold ports, of course).

The tune was $699, I think, for the SCT handheld which includes "unlimited" tuning in that price. Find a good EXPERIENCED tuner that will work with you. [end]

I am still REALLY glad I went this route. The Strikers also have a fast-burn chamber similar to LS1s so you can up the static compression ratio (which is where some of the added power and mileage came from) and still run good pump gas. I went with a custom grind similar to the Viper coupe cam ground on a 114 and built for torque and it worked producing a WIDE torque band.

Last edited:
Thanks rotten ronnie. Every flow sheet I found on their "new" site only listed their cnc machining of the factory heads. Those are impressive numbers. Now the next question is how many CFM does the intake manifold flow?!?!

pokeytemplar said:
Thanks rotten ronnie. Every flow sheet I found on their "new" site only listed their cnc machining of the factory heads. Those are impressive numbers. Now the next question is how many CFM does the intake manifold flow?!?!

I don't believe the intake offers a restriction of any kind. You can have the runners ported if you want but I opted not to at our altitude as I wanted to keep the velocity up. We had an anemic 6200 foot D.A. here on Friday. :(
Jeff (JM Cylinder Heads) has THOUSANDS of hours of porting experience and knows all too well the limitations of the factory heads (he designed them). He also did/does R&D for Rousch and the NASCAR boys and was in on the development of the new 2008 Viper heads. I.O.W. not a lightweight :) With the cam I am using I would guess less than a 15 (10?) horsepower boost with intake porting and nearly all of it in the top end where, realistically, the engine in everyday street use, spends little time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back