Stinkers Lowering Kit info/pics...

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im in the process of removing the airbag suspension from the front of my truck and i need to buy a lowering kit. Being that Stinkers one of the coolest guys to ever step foot in a wal-mart id like to consider his 1.75" front lowering kit, but i dont know how that kit looks from stock height on our trucks (my truck has been bagged since i first got it).

Does anyone have any pics that i can compare it too? I have QA1 adjustable race shocks in the rear and its sits pretty low in the back (maybe just 2" of the tires). Thanks alot guys!!:rock:

1.75 is slammed!

I have a feeling that you will have some machining to do to get there. Alignment will require some additional honing to get the amount of correction needed.

The bump stops (do you still have any?) will have to be cut away I think.

Here is my front end with a 1 inch drop:

IMG_0001-1.jpg

got mine alligned again after putting the 2" drop springs I still had laying arround from the time boomer was arround and Stinker wasn't a vendor.
The shop told me they couldn't complpete the job perfectly. Inner wear of the tires 'could be expected'. Told him the tires don't have the chance to wear, they get burned :rock: .

no, "X-metal".
At least that's what i think. I'll check the distance till the fender (in cm) when i have the chance, d'accord?

Clearance in the fender well is an issue, but minor in my mind. The most significant problem is front end alignment. The caster and camber adjustments simply will not allow for sufficient adjustment...some have increased the adjustment range by doing some grinding...

Huh, well my truck is slammed right now, the front bumper is actually touching the ground right now (i couldnt fit a piece of paper under it). I may just go with the 1.5" drop then. My truck doesnt have fender wells or bump stops anymore, it doesnet even have a place for bump stops (mark cut them out with a torch).

Thanks alot for the pics too, the trucks look great, and sit how i want mine to sit:rock:

bigike said:
The bags don't air up?
Yeah, but the biggest bags theat will fit that truck will only pic it up maybe
2" off the ground, not much at all, plus it scrubs everywhere:mad: !
Then, for some reason it keeps busting air lines, not the ones that go to the bags but the ones that go to the gauge and everytime one busts that side looses pressure and fall to the ground. I have had too many problems with the air suspension, and its something i would have never done to a truck myself, its part of the reason my truck was so inexpensive...

Mine has Stinker's springs and 2.5" blocks on it. Your alignment issues were more than likely addressed when the air suspension was put on. You shouldn't have any issues with Stinker's kit. Mine does ride quite a bit stiffer than it did stock....but she likes that.:D

Last edited:
Stinker said:
yeah profs is more than a 1 inch drop, LOLOLOL

Well if it is, it isn't due to the weight of my penis, that's for sure!

BriteCrawler said:
My truck is on Stink's: No rubs or scrubs.
alexspop said:
Mine has Stinker's springs and 2.5" blocks on it. Your alignment issues were more than likely addressed when the air suspension was put on. You shouldn't have any issues with Stinker's kit. Mine does ride quite a bit stiffer than it did stock....but she likes that.:D
Which springs do you guys have? 1.5" or 1.75"?

I only have one style, they are listed as 1.5'sbut they affect every truck differently

Psycho, save you money for a bit bud, take the oem springs , cut about 3/4 coil off and it will drop it jsut a tad, about 1 1/4 or so , I dont prefere this metthod at all , but you have jsut spent enough getting to where you are bud;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back