Stock dyno's

During dyno day at Hennessey here in Houston this month I will make sure to give it all she's got and post up numbers. Mine is pretty much stock except for the Magnaflow catback. I'll take out the K&N filter and run her with a stock filter so that we can get a round about figure.

9 seconds said:
Heat soak can make some difference in the numbers. Here are two pulls, 15 minutes apart. Bone stock.

Steve,

Thanks for posting those. As I remember yours was one of the strongest runners stock that we had. You had the trap speed to confirm the HP numbers.

MacksSrt said:
Not stock, but I just got mine off a win pep dyno. Heat soak definately showed also.

air temp was 80 degrees and I'm at 5280 feet(makes me want to move back to Arizona when I saw the uncorrected numbers :confused: ).

First pull was within ten minutes of arriving. engine temp was at 200(smidge above) 423.1/464.8. I was surprised with the mods I have, but it was the first time for me in this truck on this dyno.

Second pull 5 minutes later 434.6/475.5

Let it cool down for 20 minutes. Engine temp was 180 at that point.

Third pull 451.3/496.5. That was the best pull.

Fourth pull about 5 minutes later 446.6/490.4

I was thinking from other posts 475/515, so a little dissappointed. WTF

Belanger w/hi flow cat mids, magnaflow, volant, boomers/bg flash.

I think there maybe a little opportunity tweaking the flash from the dyno and going back to a stock air box with an air raid filter. The wood chipper needs to go!

I'll post up sheets later. Can't find the digital camera-pc cable.

If those are SAE corrected numbers's you should be very happy with that at your altitude.

Some of the numbers that have been flying around are just a fantasy of someone's iminigation. These trucks are very predictable stock and with mods. It is rediculas that some folks are playing games as those of us who have been around the block twice or more know what is going down.
There is also another posability;
We have a dyno in this area that we call the bragging rights dyno (not it's real name), the numbers that they get are always 10% to 13% higher than any other dyno anywhere else.
Keep posting your Numbers as it either adds to the pool of knowledge or gives some of us a good snigger.

I don't have a dyno sheet (technical problems) but my QC is completely stock. Stock headers, muffler, exhaust system, engine, no flash upgrades, nothing.

Phil hooked me up to his dyno and we got 401 RWHP. Phil would be my only proof, except...

DSC_0067.jpg

May not be the numbers you RC boys are getting, but I was way excited :dancing:

Cool if you are in the rariied air with Phil, that is very good with an Auto. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Where ever you took that Pic it looks like a very nice place. Is it yours or Phils?

FSTJACK said:
Cool if you are in the rariied air with Phil, that is very good with an Auto. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Where ever you took that Pic it looks like a very nice place. Is it yours or Phils?

It was during the UVSC Auto Expo @ Thanksgiving Point in Utah. Phil set up his dyno so Show entrants could dyno there cars. We all appreciated Phil for doing this. It was a ton of work for Phil and his boy to set this all up. I can't remember how many cars they did that day, but he was non-stop all day.

Phil's the MAN :rock:

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
It was during the UVSC Auto Expo @ Thanksgiving Point in Utah. Phil set up his dyno so Show entrants could dyno there cars. We all appreciated Phil for doing this. It was a ton of work for Phil and his boy to set this all up. I can't remember how many cars they did that day, but he was non-stop all day.

Phil's the MAN :rock:

Phil and his entire family are quality people. Another example of our VTCOA family in action.

FSTJACK said:
If those are SAE corrected numbers's you should be very happy with that at your altitude. .

Thanks. What kills are the uncorrected numbers. When thinking in terms of how much the stock internals can handle, should I be looking at the uncorrected numbers? Or does it not work that way? Again, I'm from Arizona, so this altitude variable is all new.

MacksSrt said:
Thanks. What kills are the uncorrected numbers. When thinking in terms of how much the stock internals can handle, should I be looking at the uncorrected numbers? Or does it not work that way? Again, I'm from Arizona, so this altitude variable is all new.

The corrected #'s are what everybody needs to look at.

The corrected #'s take into acount air density, humidity, temperature and make a number that is uniform and can then be compared to any other SAE corrected number. That number can then be used for comparison to make horsepower readings comparable at any altitude, temperature, ect.

Yeah, it has become very clear I will have to be putting up serious numbers to net any useable power at this altitude. SAE is great to compare apples to apples, but I'm really putting down less than 400 to wheels(uncorrected). Extra 20-25% loss on everything I do due to altitude. I think in the long run, I will need to work on upgrading internals and then some sort of FI at a decent amount of pressure to really get good power to the wheels here(uncorrected).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back