Stock Truck to Fast Truck

SRTHOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a list of mods in order of importance to build a street truck. Vendors and everyone else please add in your comments and even specific brand or vendor parts etc.
I won't be adding spray and very unlikely but maybe a ROE SC much farther down the road. Not a drag truck maybe road course. So what's the order guys, headers, short shift kit, 4.88 gears (that's for caveman), 2/3 lowering, traction bars, bump steer kit...:questionmark:

Last edited:
Doesn't he only make GM stuff. I've been scouting out his 40's pick up chassis ~$15K then drop in an LSA.

I'm new and I don't know what to do!!

No serious engine mods or spray and my list looks like this:

1. Mod or replace shifter - critical for a RC
1. Tune - critical for a QC
2. Gears - best performance increase for the $
3. Weight reduction - guys cut up to a second off their 1/4 ET's this alone
4. Light weight wheels - often overlooked, but well worth it
5. Cam - most HP increase per $ (besides nitrous, which you don't want to do)
6. Headers - I like em :)
7. Tune for above mods - QC or RC

Roe's reputedly make for fun street trucks, but very few of them run a good number at the track. I believe heat soak makes them an unlikely candidate for road racing either. Suspension mods are great too, but not necessary for a great performer. The stock springs were designed with road performance in mind and the 4th quickest SRT10 had zero suspension mods.

Cman i enjoyed reading your list but was wondering if you had some more input on the gears, maybe a comparison or something like this.?? and perhaps a thesis on the pros and cons of gears maybe you could do a 5000 word essay on this for us... I will grade your paper this weekend..

No serious engine mods or spray and my list looks like this:

1. Mod or replace shifter - critical for a RC
1. Tune - critical for a QC
2. Gears - best performance increase for the $
3. Weight reduction - guys cut up to a second off their 1/4 ET's this alone
4. Light weight wheels - often overlooked, but well worth it
5. Cam - most HP increase per $ (besides nitrous, which you don't want to do)
6. Headers - I like em :)
7. Tune for above mods - QC or RC

Roe's reputedly make for fun street trucks, but very few of them run a good number at the track. I believe heat soak makes them an unlikely candidate for road racing either. Suspension mods are great too, but not necessary for a great performer. The stock springs were designed with road performance in mind and the 4th quickest SRT10 had zero suspension mods.

Cman i enjoyed reading your list but was wondering if you had some more input on the gears, maybe a comparison or something like this.?? and perhaps a thesis on the pros and cons of gears maybe you could do a 5000 word essay on this for us... I will grade your paper this weekend..

Hang on, let me see what I can dig up... :D

Start with something 1500lbs lighter and save your self some headaches

This is my dilemna. Before I get too deep I want to start with a better platform.

Now you've gone and done it.

Hang on, let me see what I can dig up... :D

Thread bump time!!!!

I like the LSA motor, maybe in a gen 1 camaro. But then it's a 50k build.
\
If you're worried about a 50k build, don't buy a RAM SRT-10, buy a honda

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back