Stock Truck to Fast Truck

No serious engine mods or spray and my list looks like this:

1. Mod or replace shifter - critical for a RC
1. Tune - critical for a QC
2. Gears - best performance increase for the $
3. Weight reduction - guys cut up to a second off their 1/4 ET's this alone
4. Light weight wheels - often overlooked, but well worth it
5. Cam - most HP increase per $ (besides nitrous, which you don't want to do)
6. Headers - I like em :)
7. Tune for above mods - QC or RC

Roe's reputedly make for fun street trucks, but very few of them run a good number at the track. I believe heat soak makes them an unlikely candidate for road racing either. Suspension mods are great too, but not necessary for a great performer. The stock springs were designed with road performance in mind and the 4th quickest SRT10 had zero suspension mods.

I'm confused. How can we have a tie for most important mod? C'mon Chris, we can't have two #1 important mods....!? LOL! Besides, I like my stock shifter..... I think :dontknow:

No, not quiet, 6'5" broad at the shoulders narrow at the hip. If you want a selfi just ask. I should say don't fit comfortably for a DD. But I couldn't get my feet to work in the viper.

Last edited:
I'm confused. How can we have a tie for most important mod? C'mon Chris, we can't have two #1 important mods....!? LOL! Besides, I like my stock shifter..... I think :dontknow:

You hate your stock shifter, you just don't know it yet.

LOL! I like my stock shifter too.... after I pulled the vibration dampener out of it. If Lee buys a RC, I would absolutely recommend he spend the 20 minutes it takes to do that, first thing. If he buys a QC, the first mod I would recommend is a tune. Are you back in the gym yet, bro?

LOL! I like my stock shifter too.... after I pulled the vibration dampener out of it. If Lee buys a RC, I would absolutely recommend he spend the 20 minutes it takes to do that, first thing. If he buys a QC, the first mod I would recommend is a tune. Are you back in the gym yet, bro?

Gym... whats that? LOL! Unfortunately not, I feel like a shriveled up prune, stepped on the scale the other day and I was 214... sucks. Just been super busy, school, work, trying to buy a house... put an offer in on a house that me and my fiancé loved but we got out-bid, looked at 7 more houses this week....... frustrating. When I'm busy and not in the gym I don't eat, think its a stress thing. I'll get my ass back in the gym soon... or else Im going to look like Starvin Marvin!!!

Gym... whats that? LOL! Unfortunately not, I feel like a shriveled up prune, stepped on the scale the other day and I was 214... sucks. Just been super busy, school, work, trying to buy a house... put an offer in on a house that me and my fiancé loved but we got out-bid, looked at 7 more houses this week....... frustrating. When I'm busy and not in the gym I don't eat, think its a stress thing. I'll get my ass back in the gym soon... or else Im going to look like Starvin Marvin!!!

You just perfectly described my eating habits! I'm down 20 pounds from this summer. I'll give you a call if I get some time today.

I'm down 35lbs and not it a good way, I am at 7%bf right now though and haven't worked out in 3 weeks

One the good side my knees have stopped hurting and I can walk up the stairs without pain.

Ok let's get back on topic, I don't have a truck and I'm a newb and I want a thorough list of step by step mods so I can web race.

Ok let's get back on topic, I don't have a truck and I'm a newb and I want a thorough list of step by step mods so I can web race.
For real world stuff, see post #8. For web racing, I recommend starting with an Apple product. The programs you will frequently use are "Safari, Dictionary, Thesaurus, & Google". A camera can be helpful from time to time, too. :D

For real world stuff, see post #8. For web racing, I recommend starting with an Apple product. The programs you will frequently use are "Safari, Dictionary, Thesaurus, & Google". A camera can be helpful from time to time, too. :D

Time to time, also

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back