Stock Viper truck gets 60+ rwhp w/tune

Fepony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep...my friend Torrie just tuned a bone stock 05 Viper truck and here is the dyno sheet.

Attachments

• viperdyno.jpg
    viperdyno.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
gotta be a quad cab and most of that gain is the torque management.

A bone stock RC can make 420 rwhp.;)

Looks like those are Standard numbers too, not SAE.

Black1 said:
Was it a QC or RC? :confused:

326hp sounds LOOOOOOOOOW for a base HP number. :dontknow:

Anytime you go thru an automatic tranny you're going to lose alot to parasitic loss.

Black1 said:
Was it a QC or RC? :confused:

326hp sounds LOOOOOOOOOW for a base HP number. :dontknow:
Its gotta be a quad cab due to the fact ive got pretty much the same numbers with a B&G- i will be redynoing next weekend after the headers and mids are on and i can finally see if the TB and headers make any improvements

Still we've got folks her dyno'ing at 375 everyday.

Hell my Magnum is 375 to the wheels and its got 425 at the flywheel, and it too has a parasitic sucking auto...................

bigike said:
Still we've got folks her dyno'ing at 375 everyday.

Hell my Magnum is 375 to the wheels and its got 425 at the flywheel, and it too has a parasitic sucking auto...................

Dude, don't make me plunk down the awesome numbers my scoin xb is puttin down :D .

Tuning is key, when I tuned my busa after all the mods it came up 7 hp through the rpm range, which is nothing in the truck world, but on a bike its huge. Im a firm believer in tuning.

Just remember folks this is all new SCT software that was used for the first time. Just wait till all the parameters are tweaked and the edges smoothed. That is almost a 20% HP gain!! Just with a tune.

newmexicoviper said:
Tuning is key, when I tuned my busa after all the mods it came up 7 hp through the rpm range, which is nothing in the truck world, but on a bike its huge. Im a firm believer in tuning.

:rock: Long live the VEC3!!! :D

Mine rear wheeled 402 at Boomers during the GTG and I was one of the lowest there.
Bone stock 05 R/C

not to sound like a ass but here i go. the before dyno is way low and the second dyno is about where it should be stock. i am not impressed at all by what i see posted. as Black1 said "326 hp is low", i would say about 60 hp low :D

all i can think of is a bad factory tune or the motor is hitting on only 7 or 8 cylinders :confused: 500 bhp to 326 rwhp is 174 hp and even with a auto u wont loose that much :toilet:

FATJACK said:
Mine rear wheeled 402 at Boomers during the GTG and I was one of the lowest there.
Bone stock 05 R/C

Yeah but yours is a stick. The automatic and torque management kills the qc.

Voodoo said:
not to sound like a ass but here i go. the before dyno is way low and the second dyno is about where it should be stock. i am not impressed at all by what i see posted. as Black1 said "326 hp is low", i would say about 60 hp low :D

all i can think of is a bad factory tune or the motor is hitting on only 7 or 8 cylinders :confused: 500 bhp to 326 rwhp is 174 hp and even with a auto u wont loose that much :toilet:

20% parasitic loss thru an auto is pretty common....that still comes out at 400 rwhp

Fepony said:
20% parasitic loss thru an auto is pretty common....that still comes out at 400 rwhp

yep, so u think 326 hp looks correct for a baseline on a 500 hp motor??

thats a 35% loss, maybe his transmission is just fubarbed :rock:

Voodoo said:
yep, so u think 326 hp looks correct for a baseline on a 500 hp motor??

thats a 35% loss, maybe his transmission is just fubarbed :rock:

They most likely didn't turn on "Tow Haul" mode, when they dynoed it..... Or (I'm not sure about this....) I think you need to need to be in a certain gear as well. :confused: :dontknow:

I have no idea. I think the important thing to focus on here is that even if his tranny is junk, the tune was able to pull 60+ more rwhp. That rocks. Looking at the dyno chart, the torque increase was super...that means that the tune was able to get that torque mangement system disabled/changed a bit and less debilitating. That's gotta be great news for the QC guys.

Black1 said:
They most likely didn't turn on "Tow Haul" mode, when they dynoed it..... Or (I'm not sure about this....) I think you need to need to be in a certain gear as well. :confused: :dontknow:

yea, they screwed it up somehow :D :dontknow: :D :dontknow: :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back