Stock Viper truck gets 60+ rwhp w/tune

Black1 said:
They most likely didn't turn on "Tow Haul" mode, when they dynoed it..... Or (I'm not sure about this....) I think you need to need to be in a certain gear as well. :confused: :dontknow:

When they dyno my truck they turn off the OD and get it into 3rd gear and let the converter lock before easing into WOT. Torrie knows his stuff...he tuned my truck. He also owns a Viper and had a SRT-10.

Fepony said:
When they dyno my truck they turn off the OD and get it into 3rd gear and let the converter lock before easing into WOT. Torrie knows his stuff...he tuned my truck. He also owns a Viper and had a SRT-10.

Not doubting Torrie.... I've seen his work. :rock: That does seem awfully low tho. :dontknow: But hey! 60HP is still 60hp! :rock: :D

Black1 said:
Not doubting Torrie.... I've seen his work. :rock: That does seem awfully low tho. :dontknow: But hey! 60HP is still 60hp! :rock: :D

My views exactly. Tuners can only work with what they get. I'm just happy to see Dodge finally getting SCT. That's going to open a lot more doors for power adders too. :congrats:

ViperTruck2933 said:
FYI,
Most QCs put down 380-390 rwhp SAE bone stock. That why guys are questioning the dyno sheets. ;)

understood..

Fepony said:
My views exactly. Tuners can only work with what they get. I'm just happy to see Dodge finally getting SCT. That's going to open a lot more doors for power adders too. :congrats:

what does SCT stand for.......

wheredwhogo? said:
what does SCT stand for.......

"Superchips Custom Tuning" ...... The owner was one of the founders for Superchips INC. He and a few others had a disagreement with their partners some years ago and started their own company. Superchips and SCT are NOT the same company.... they are fierce rivals.

Last edited:
FATJACK said:
Mine rear wheeled 402 at Boomers during the GTG and I was one of the lowest there.
Bone stock 05 R/C
I was THE lowest there with 360. But this guy with 326? Its hard to
imagine 175 hp loss throught the tranny and other stuff? Maybe my parking brake wasn't on after all!!

Voodoo said:
not to sound like a ass but here i go. the before dyno is way low and the second dyno is about where it should be stock. i am not impressed at all by what i see posted. as Black1 said "326 hp is low", i would say about 60 hp low :D

all i can think of is a bad factory tune or the motor is hitting on only 7 or 8 cylinders :confused: 500 bhp to 326 rwhp is 174 hp and even with a auto u wont loose that much :toilet:

I can think of a couple of possible reason's the baseline power numbers are so low. The first thing that comes to mind is that one of the runs was made in a different (lower) gear . In addition, or another cause could be extreme heat soak. It's really one of the most difficult things about dynoing these vehicles. I always try my best to make power runs under the same operating conditions, even ten degrees can have a noticeable effect on power numbers. We have had trucks in here with cold air intakes that loose sixty plus rwhp just from heat wash around the air cleaner area. Although it does not apply as much to an automatic Viper truck, one thing that I look for as an indicator of consistency, is if the torque is close or the same, run to run, down low in the rpm band. This is where you usually don't see big changes from tuning, but heat soak will affect power or torque across the whole rpm range.

- Chris

These numbers sound way off to me !!!Had mine Dynoed a while back and it put out 407/ 416 !!!And yes it's a QC !!!:dontknow:

When I started modding my truck,I think I had just a set of gibson shorties on
it,And I added a Vec II,After quite a few dyno pulls(with the help of Sean Roe)I made 61 h.p..So 60 is more than possible.:)

1qksrt said:
When I started modding my truck,I think I had just a set of gibson shorties on
it,And I added a Vec II,After quite a few dyno pulls(with the help of Sean Roe)I made 61 h.p..So 60 is more than possible.:)
yeah but were your base #s that low?

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back