Stock wheel gap

SRT10VENOMOUS

1800HP Club. And climbing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone measure there stock wheel gap from rubber to steel. Front and back?

And post the results.

Thanks.

Bmxam

So we should be close to 6 and a bit being they are slightly tucked. I thought it looked like more guess with lowering every inch is huge.

5" in the front and 6" in the back. Just texted you some pictures.

Wow now I'm pissed...I just removed the overload spring and put new shackles on and I'm still over 5 inch. Hmmm, somethings not right with that!!!!

Wow now I'm pissed...I just removed the overload spring and put new shackles on and I'm still over 5 inch. Hmmm, somethings not right with that!!!!

Ounce you take the overload springs out I'm guessing it will settle a little bit over a bit of time???

Your QC will sit higher than our RCs that's why you still have that large of a tire to fender gap. You need to flip your rear axle to get it looking good.

Your QC will sit higher than our RCs that's why you still have that large of a tire to fender gap. You need to flip your rear axle to get it looking good.

Yea Tony told me to do a flip kit initially and of course I didn't listen...lol I guess I was just expecting more than a 1/4 drop from removing the over load spring and new shackles.

Yea Tony told me to do a flip kit initially and of course I didn't listen...lol I guess I was just expecting more than a 1/4 drop from removing the over load spring and new shackles.

I think the most you'll get from shackles is an inch :(
Removing overload lets the rear end rotate more, in turn creating worse traction/wheelhop in most cases.
Quads are best with a flip kit and long shackles. :D

My RC is 4.25 front and 6.0 on back. Truck is all stock with 17000 miles on it. I'm sure it has sagged a bit just from sitting around.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back