Strange whinning noise at start up?

ninj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck is making a strange whining noise at start up it sounds like something is pressurizing under the hood. It last for about 5-10 secs, im not sure where to even start never heard anything like it before just checking to see if anybody else has heard this or dealt with it.

So my truck is making a strange whining noise at start up it sounds like something is pressurizing under the hood. It last for about 5-10 secs, im not sure where to even start never heard anything like it before just checking to see if anybody else has heard this or dealt with it.

What kind of oil filter do you have on it?

Ill check it out tonight, thanks guys. By chance you know why the oil filter would be making a pressurized sounds like that, i just never heard anything like it before im a bit curious.

Thanks for the help and the link.

Ok, thanks for the help. I'm not going to be able to do the change till saturday or sunday, but is it safe to drive it like it is now?

Yup oil filter! I ran a kn oil filter for awhile and it whined like that too. Been running a mopar oil filter Since then.

Ok, thanks for the help. I'm not going to be able to do the change till saturday or sunday, but is it safe to drive it like it is now?

I'm gonna say yes,But someone will probably refute that.I have tried several oil filters,Including the white viper filter and they all whine, Except the black oem filter that came on the truck from day one.I have 84,000 miles on my truck,And i do not baby it.:dontknow::D

I will be doing an oil cheange here soon. I picked up the white Viper oil filter, but if its gonna whine I wont use it. Any one have the part # for the black one?

I will be doing an oil cheange here soon. I picked up the white Viper oil filter, but if its gonna whine I wont use it. Any one have the part # for the black one?

I do not have the part #,Some guy's can use the Viper filter with no whine,Just did not work for me.Give it a try that way you know for sure.:D

I get mine at the local Walmart .... MO-090

I just use the normal Fram filter and ive never had an issues other then its hard as F*CK to get off after youve drive a little lol

I just use the normal Fram filter and ive never had an issues other then its hard as F*CK to get off after youve drive a little lol

A lot of folks do not have the issue,And i do not know why some do.:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back