Strange whinning noise at start up?

2 things

1. Is the whine really bad for the truck
2. I thought it was the fan system pressurizing since its being run off the PS

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::marchmellow:Good luck man, What ever direction you go with.

I didnt have time this weekend to get under the truck and firgure it out but i plan on it sometime this week. The whinning is only on cold starts and it doesnt happen all the time but when it does its like something is pressurizing and it lasts for about 5-10 secs. Thanks for all the help

My truck had the k&n, I went to the black Mopar filter and it still does it. I just kinda quit worrying about it.

So yours makes the same sound?

try retightening the filter? just undo it a couple turns then retighten?

Mine did with mobil 1 filter and does not with mopar filter. thats two gallons of oil building up/equalizing pressure in the whole engine, the filter itself is acting as the "whistle". :dontknow:

Iguess if you live in a cold place where it gets below zero you would have to let it warm up for a few minutes before driving, and if its an 04, hopefully you check the oil level regularly before startup:D

Sorry im kind of new, I check fluids regularly but what would an 04 have to do with checking oil level every start?

Dang, I opened the thread expecting to see you put a blower on the truck :argh:. I teased myself.

Sorry im kind of new, I check fluids regularly but what would an 04 have to do with checking oil level every start?

the 04s burn oil. mine sits a lot so more than others? I usually add 3-4 quarts between oil changes.

ok thanks for the heads up ill keep a closer eye on it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back