Stroker Kit!!!

faslane505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to dump some more cash into the old beater.....again!! who make a good stroker kit for our trucks???and how many different companies make them??? who got the best??? and who do the HP CRAZY guys on here recomend to put it in??? if anyone says hennessey... ill "internet" slap you!!!!:D ...also to let you know...im looking for a "HELLSPAWN MIXTURE FROM THE BONES OF PHORNICATORS!!!!" IVE HEARD OF 522 STROKERS AND 577CI STROKERS BUT REAlly couldnt find the manufacturers...besides hennessey. Any thoughts are appreaciated!!

Yo Faslane Talk to Kevin At Exotic Engine Development in So Cal. They got the 540 I think if I'm right.

Annu Kumar said:
Yo Faslane Talk to Kevin At Exotic Engine Development in So Cal. They got the 540 I think if I'm right.
Yup..vendor on the site...

EED - Tell him the VTCOA sent ya!

-Red

You could probably go with the whole bottom end for about 10k.
Striker Heads! whats its all about.

when you say the whole bottom end...are u just talking about the forged crank????

for 10k...you can get a nice build...Call kevin @ Exotic and he will set you up....he takes care of the vtcoa members as all the vendors here do.

redsrt007...what you got done to you truck?? i would like similar number...maybe in the 700rwhp range...safley...is stroker the way to go...along with big porting?

2 ways....I chose to do the Paxton route. Bolt-on, ready to go power :)

Its you call, but I chose not to go into the motor. Paxton, DC Elbow, Water/Meth, Tune, no Cats, and Good to GO!

:)

You can do the whole striker/cam/etc...route, but its just easier to slap on a blower (plus it looks SWEET :D )

stroker turns out to be expensive for the hp gain....if you want NA...do a striker/ cam package....

what kind of power will the non forged parts of the stock 8.3 hold??? pistons and rods right?? only want to build it once!!1

faslane505 said:
what kind of power with the stroker/cam/etc with a blower???
Well, now your getting into territory not really been seen :)

A few have done nitrous and blower, blower only, or heads/cam only, but few have done a complete internal package plus blower...

Those few who have, see numbers of 800-900 rwhp

It really depends on the heads, cam and such....But I would say 800-900 is a safe guess on what you will reach with a good head/cam package and a blower. You start getting into the stroker/heads/cam/blower, then the possibilities increase greatly and its hard to place a number on it....About 900-1000 rwhp :D ...How much power are you looking to get?? What are your main goals?

-Red

"A HELLSPAWN MIXTURE FROM THE BONES OF PHORNICATORS, GLUTONS AND THEIVES"

honestly.. i really just want something i cant take out on the weekends and mess up anything on the streets...oh and take it to mopar nats and steal the show!

faslane man the Stroker alone your probably 540 Hp at the wheels. I think nowhat got the stroker because he's running Hella boost and Nitrous 1000+ Hp for him at the Crank. but It depends On what you want. if you want 700 at the wheels than than 10 k is fine:

One thing to remember about Strokers. You will generally increase the weight of the recepocating mass, and the piston speed will increase. Both can lead to faster wear on the parts.

Dang, almost forgot. Side loads on the piston skirts is also increased.

Just something to think about if you are considering a stroker motor.

if i gave the builder of my engine some money out of my pocket...will that problem dissapear?

faslane505 said:
"A HELLSPAWN MIXTURE FROM THE BONES OF PHORNICATORS, GLUTONS AND THEIVES"

...It's "Hell spawned mixture of fornicators, gluttons and thieves....."

......sorry.......:eek: ;) :p :D

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back