Stroker Kit!!!

yeah...is the a way less the load on the piston skirts and lessen the ware on parts???

If you want to run big, do heads, cam, pistons, rods, paxton, and all the little things involved (studs, etc..) and you will be more then fine :)

-Red

faslane505 said:
redsrt007...what you got done to you truck?? i would like similar number...maybe in the 700rwhp range...safley...is stroker the way to go...along with big porting?

I'm at 700 without any porting or stroker. Its all in the tune/tuner.

...It's "Hell spawned mixture of fornicators, gluttons and thieves....."

......sorry....... ACTUALLY...THE PART ABOUT "BONES OF PHORICATORS IS DEFFINETLY IN THE QUOTE FROM SNL BY WILL FARRELL

BACK ON TOPIC...will kevin @ EED have stock forged interals for our trucks? cant find them anywhere on the internet

also...what my 6spd...any mods have to be done to that except for the obvious clutch??

faslane505 said:
yeah...is the a way less the load on the piston skirts and lessen the ware on parts???

Kinda, sorta.

From what I have read on the 522 stroker, they use a stock crank and offset grind the rod journals to increase the stroke. No weight gain there. If you go with a different crank for a greater stroke increase you will see an increase in weight.

After market rods can possibly keep you in the same range also. So far so good. Pistons? I'm going to guess that you may pick up a few grams of weight there.

Side loading of the piston you cannot do a thing about. That's a result of increased rod angles from the longer throw on the crank.

I need to add, that I'm not trying to discourage you on this. It's not like you are asking about a STS system. I do like to make others aware of what is happenings so they can possibly make a more informed choice.

Sorry if it came across that I felt it was a bad idea.

Hope that helped.

not at all silverback...i like being informed on all the risks...thanks alot!

Silent D,

Milo: Man, what kind of guitar is that?

Lucifer: It’s a hell-spun mixture of the bones of fornicators!! And the sinew of thieves and gluttons!!! MWUHAHAHAHA! [ pauses ] ..It’s uh, It’s a ‘Fender’.

Milo: Oh! Well, Man, look, maybe we should just call this deal off, 'cause uh, it just seems to me that you’re just not that good.

i was kinda on the right track!! LOL

hi

i have a proplem in my ram srt10 thew crank shaft is dameged and i wont to take the stroker kit instead of repairing the one that i have

please advice me and if you can get me the numbers or a websites that sells the stroker kits please let me now

i have a proplem in my ram srt10 thew crank shaft is dameged and i wont to take the stroker kit instead of repairing the one that i have

please advice me and if you can get me the numbers or a websites that sells the stroker kits please let me now

We can set you up with a stroker kit if you choose. Otherwise we can forge the block and install a new crank. What are your goals with your truck? You can email me at [email protected] to discuss things if you'd prefer.

Another drive by posting

What's weird to me is how the "stroker kit" that I read on the previous pages only increased displacement a small amount.

How do the Chevy guys and Ford guys stroke their engines our to 580+ cubes and when they are down 2 cylinders?

Years back my dad wrote an article on a 1995 Ford Mustang with a 608 cubic inch V8.

It was a Car and Driver magazine comparo against a black Camero that was like a 596 cube V8. Both made stupid power and torque.

What I am saying is, how are they able to get such huge displacement from those blocks (454 and 460 respectively) and we cant stroke ours to 700 cubes or something similar?

What's weird to me is how the "stroker kit" that I read on the previous pages only increased displacement a small amount.

How do the Chevy guys and Ford guys stroke their engines our to 580+ cubes and when they are down 2 cylinders?

Years back my dad wrote an article on a 1995 Ford Mustang with a 608 cubic inch V8.

It was a Car and Driver magazine comparo against a black Camero that was like a 596 cube V8. Both made stupid power and torque.

What I am saying is, how are they able to get such huge displacement from those blocks (454 and 460 respectively) and we cant stroke ours to 700 cubes or something similar?

The "stroker kits" for a gen III engine (or any Viper engine, for that matter) don't involve aftermarket cranks. They use a stock crank that has been offset ground. This is very limiting in the number of cubes that be gained.

When you read about stroker kits for most other applications, you are reading about aftermarket cranks with meaningfully longer stroke than a stock crank. For example, 4.5" big block chevy cranks are readily available from most parts distributors. 454's came with a 4.0" stroke, stock.

The "stroker kits" for a gen III engine (or any Viper engine, for that matter) don't involve aftermarket cranks. They use a stock crank that has been offset ground. This is very limiting in the number of cubes that be gained.

When you read about stroker kits for most other applications, you are reading about aftermarket cranks with meaningfully longer stroke than a stock crank. For example, 4.5" big block chevy cranks are readily available from most parts distributors. 454's came with a 4.0" stroke, stock.

SO what you are saying is we'd need to find someone to build a proper aftermarket crank... dang man that's big bux.....

But the only way to do it right.

SO what you are saying is we'd need to find someone to build a proper aftermarket crank... dang man that's big bux.....

But the only way to do it right.

It's really not worth it either. Imo, the baddest Viper powered vehicle on the planet is Sal Patel's Gen II, and he's running a stock stroke. I believe Dom is running a stock stroke as well.

It's really not worth it either. Imo, the baddest Viper powered vehicle on the planet is Sal Patel's Gen II, and he's running a stock stroke. I believe Dom is running a stock stroke as well.

Wouldn't knowing you have 700 cubes tickle your fancy though?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back