Styx

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For you old timers, I saw them last night at our local venue. Its a theater type room with 1200 seats.............not a bad seat in the house. We sat on the fourth row. The band played most of their hits, a Beetles tune and a couple of obscure tunes. Their harmonys and musicianship were flawless. Tommy Shaw and JY are the only "original" members but you didnt really miss Dennis DeYoung etc... The original bassist lives on Maui and actually sat in with the band as an added member for half the show. All the non-original guys have been in the band for 5 plus years and it shows as their energy was awesome. Its quite obvious they still enjoy playing their tunes. All the songs had a good live rock vibe as opposed to that polished studio sound.

If you like their music check out their show if you can.

patrick

Attachments

• styx2.JPG
    styx2.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 25
  • styx3.JPG
    styx3.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 28
  • styx1.JPG
    styx1.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 20
the styx and stones will break your bones...showin' your age patrick:D

mauiSRT/10 said:
For you old timers, I saw them last night at our local venue. Its a theater type room with 1200 seats.............not a bad seat in the house. We sat on the fourth row. The band played most of their hits, a Beetles tune and a couple of obscure tunes. Their harmonys and musicianship were flawless. Tommy Shaw and JY are the only "original" members but you didnt really miss Dennis DeYoung etc... The original bassist lives on Maui and actually sat in with the band as an added member for half the show. All the non-original guys have been in the band for 5 plus years and it shows as their energy was awesome. Its quite obvious they still enjoy playing their tunes. All the songs had a good live rock vibe as opposed to that polished studio sound.

If you like their music check out their show if you can.

patrick

I grew up with Styx, Asia, and others. Nice post, If they came around DC I would sit my butt in a seat to take another listen to their best....

-jeff

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back