Subs for Quad Cab

Bussiculo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am picking my 2005 QC up tomorrow. Thinking about putting in a head unit in the dash and also subs under the rear seats. Any suggestions?

Ive got MTX Thunderforms.

Basically a pre-made setup that goes under the rear seats that holds two 10" subs. Not bad sounding.

JBL stealth box FTW!! Still leaves you a little storage under the rear seat

I picked up an empty MTX Thunderform on ebay for only $99, then loaded it with a couple of JL Audio shallow-mount 10" subs. I've got a Rockford Fosgate 2-channel pushing 600watts RMS to both subs, it is very smooth, perfect complement to the stock system.

16.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I picked up an empty MTX Thunderform on ebay for only $99, then loaded it with a couple of JL Audio shallow-mount 10" subs. I've got a Rockford Fosgate 2-channel pushing 600watts RMS to both subs, it is very smooth, perfect complement to the stock system.

16.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

That turned out great :rock:

Thanks for the compliment, wesalbert. And I agree with 05srt10carson, it is extensive when you start trying to integrate an aftermarket head unit with the OEM amps. For now I'm satisfied having replaced only the subwoofer.

16.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg
hey dragon, i have seen this system like ten times and still love it!

Those systems look sick!
I was thinking of getting a custom box like that and putting JL Audio in as well my friend said they are the best. Said it would cost around $800. Also, I am thinking about the APP Radio 3 as it would connect great with my Iphone 5. I have never put my own in dash nav kit in and was wondering how hard it is and also if it would be possible to cut my dash i have now or to order a new one. I heard weedahoe has very nice ones. Thanks guys I've literally read thru like 1000 posts on here at work today. Gotta love mondays and seeing my baby sitting outside.

Steve

there was a company that sold quad cab boxes called fox box, I had one in an 2007 with high end 10" kickers and 1000 watt kicker amp sounded great.

This is the box I believe I am going to get. Putting (2) JL Audio 10w 3v3-4 Subs in it. Just need to figure out which amp to get with these. App Radio 3 in dash kit. May be doing the speakers as well. Not sure yet. Figure why not if i'm doing everything else lol.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back