Subs for Quad Cab

Does that eBay box allow for that much depth on the subs? That's why I went with the JL Audio 10W1v2 subs, they have the shallow magnets. The 3v3's also work best with 0.625 cu ft/sub in a sealed box, do you know what the cubic feet of that enclosure is? I just want you to have the best sound possible.

It says the mounting depth is 7.25 in. The 10w3v3 have a mounting depth of 5 7/8 inches. Also, does it matter if it is 2 or 4 ohms? And just need to find a nice amp to make it sound really nice.

Yes, the ohm rating of your speakers is very important. The ohms must correlate to your amp rating, how your sub's are wired, and if they are single or dual voice coil. See this article from Crutchfield:

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

What amp would you recommend for the 2 JL Audio 10w3v3s? Also, which ones should i get the 2 ohms or 4 ohms? or does it not matter as long as you have the correct amp?
And one more question haha. Should I wait to install my App Radio 3 until I have everything (subs, amp) and do it all at once?

Every amp is different, but most will run at 4 Ohms all day. However, some of the Class D mono amps are stable at 2 Ohms and that would give you serious power. Then get two 4-Ohm subs and wire them in parallel just like that Crutchfield article shows you. The general rule of thumb is to look for an amp with the same RMS wattage rating as your subs. And yes, I would wait to do it all at once.

Thanks guys. I found the Appradio for $500 at best buy. HOwever, i think i'm gonna get it off ebay. Have them for around 380. So save 120 right there. Going to try and modify my dash to make it fit instead of buying a bezel. If worst comes to worst i'll go ahead and ask weedahoe. But gonna start ordering the parts. Can't wait. Just hope I get my tax return quick haha.

Just purchased a Fox Box Accoustics box for under the rear seats. Ordered the JL Audio 10w3v3's and the Pioneer App Radio 3. Waiting for them to come in and deciding which Amp to order. JL Audio 1200.1 HD or the MMatt 2000.1 Amp. Both are great sounding, but cost $1000. Ready to get things rolling.

I wish I could stuff two of these under my back seats.
They sound HELLACOUS in my Avenger.

Two Rockford Fosgate T2's.
Sundown Audio SAZ2500D

DSC01023.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back