Subtle but I think looks 100% better!

ViperCLKGTR

Reaction score
I've always thought the '06 headlights looked good but that freaking yellow line drives me nuts. I have leaned towards Euro, Blacked out, smoked but I didn't like anything more than my regular lights until I had the great idea to pick up some '07 or '08 headlights. The chrome clear look I was going for but without the stupid yellow line!

New_zpsd5a548ce.jpg

The install was easy but at the same time difficult for a head light, tied for the most difficult headlight I've ever done before with my '04 Ram. Really people does it need to be that difficult to pull out a light? Then one went in no problem but the other I could not get the light bulb to screw in, I literally messed with it for almost 30 minutes before it went in. The 3rd lights I just taped um off and put them behind in the fender. You don't really realize how giant are headlight are until you take them out HaHa

And finally the finished product!

New2_zps2f87176c.jpg

I LOVE IT! It's exactly what I was looking for. I was going out on a limb because I couldn't find any other 10's with it but looking at regular Rams with it helped me go for it. No one noticed the difference until I said "new headlights" and then the "Oh yeah it looks great".... I figured guys around here would notice it. What do you guys think? A little change but it makes a huge difference I think.

Oh by the way the rubber strip goes under the light right?

I do hate that amber strip but im partial to the nightrunner lights only cause i think the look somewhat like what the vipers have.. being black that is... did u take the strip off urself or is that a new set?

I did that within the first month I had mine.
Then I took it even a step further because the orange reflector and turn signal bulb were bothering me so I bought aftermarket that look identical to stock but with a clear reflector then put white turn signals in them.

That is a great look! Yes, I have been thinking of doing the same thing and now I will.

I've always thought the '06 headlights looked good but that freaking yellow line drives me nuts. I have leaned towards Euro, Blacked out, smoked but I didn't like anything more than my regular lights until I had the great idea to pick up some '07 or '08 headlights. The chrome clear look I was going for but without the stupid yellow line!

New_zpsd5a548ce.jpg

The install was easy but at the same time difficult for a head light, tied for the most difficult headlight I've ever done before with my '04 Ram. Really people does it need to be that difficult to pull out a light? Then one went in no problem but the other I could not get the light bulb to screw in, I literally messed with it for almost 30 minutes before it went in. The 3rd lights I just taped um off and put them behind in the fender. You don't really realize how giant are headlight are until you take them out HaHa

And finally the finished product!

New2_zps2f87176c.jpg

I LOVE IT! It's exactly what I was looking for. I was going out on a limb because I couldn't find any other 10's with it but looking at regular Rams with it helped me go for it. No one noticed the difference until I said "new headlights" and then the "Oh yeah it looks great".... I figured guys around here would notice it. What do you guys think? A little change but it makes a huge difference I think.

Oh by the way the rubber strip goes under the light right?

I have an 06 and the rubber strip at the bottom of the headlights goes on the outside of the headlights. This may be why you're having so much trouble!

Very nice....

Love the windshield banner also... Where did you get it?

Where did you get the windshield banner?

No idea, it was on the truck when I got it but I'm sure a vinyl shop could whip one up.

I do hate that amber strip but im partial to the nightrunner lights only cause i think the look somewhat like what the vipers have.. being black that is... did u take the strip off urself or is that a new set?

Bout a set off Craigslist from a guy who had a '08 and switched to Halos

I never have found them difficult to change though...
Especially the actual bulbs.

It's not that it's difficult, it's that friggin ball joint fastener thing in the back that is a friggin pain. Oneside popped out no problem the other wouldn't give. Then on my passenger side my bulb would not turn to lock, it would line up no problem but no matter what I did it would not turn.

That is a great look! Yes, I have been thinking of doing the same thing and now I will.

Do it, you will be so much happier.

I have an 06 and the rubber strip at the bottom of the headlights goes on the outside of the headlights. This may be why you're having so much trouble!

Could be, it was tucked in before the change. I did have the bumper replaced recently and it might have been wrong already.

yep...rubber strip on the outside on my 06...i got it with 3700 miles so i guess it could be wrong???

07-08 lights are very nice. Looks good indeed.
If only they had those 07-08 lights in nightrunner version :drool: (i mean with black in stead of the chrome back)

Yea I have an 06 with night runners I hate the strip but all the black housing lights I find without the strip look like some cheap after market bs

LR you need to check out the link above your post, I think that's exactly what you are looking for

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back