Sucks when you get the wrong parts :(

blazinsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a honeycomb grille on eBay. Got it sanded it painted it. Installed one side went to install the other and found I got 2 right side grilles. Now to see if they send me the correct one. Now my truck looks like it has a black eye lol. Hopefully it's not like this long.

IMG_3510.JPG

Lucky you, at least you can put in a honeycomb grill. Could be worse,... You can have an 06 and never be able to put one in, no matter how long you wait. :(

I hate when shit like that happens. Good luck getting it sorted out. Hate to laugh at your misfortune but HaHa:D

Ive had a honeycomb grill in my cabinets for like 3 years now. I really need to get around to installing it. Need to paint it.

How the hell does it get installed? The factory one has these plastic clips that look like they will just break right off.

Ive had a honeycomb grill in my cabinets for like 3 years now. I really need to get around to installing it. Need to paint it.

How the hell does it get installed? The factory one has these plastic clips that look like they will just break right off.

Scott has a video on YouTube on how it's done and it's pretty well explained. That much credit I will give him.

Its pretty easy 8mm socket to take the whole grille frame off. I just used a small flathead to push out the rivets holding the grille in. It wasn't that bad and it looks way better.

Lucky you, at least you can put in a honeycomb grill. Could be worse,... You can have an 06 and never be able to put one in, no matter how long you wait. :(

Take a look at the street scene grille. I put that in my 06 and it matches the factory bottom very well.

My 05 Daytona grill (same as srt10) had black plastic retainers with center pin. Super easy to swap to honeycomb
Zilla had steel screws that were stripped inside the retainers so I had to drill every one of them out

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back