Suggestions

Hey thanks my man. Could be low on freon even tho it gets cold---never freezing cold as I think it should will check. thanks again

Given how much heat that v10 puts out (lift your hood when you hear the fan come on lol) its no wonder it makes any cold air.

The ac really works better when your on the hwy. Its so/so in city driving if your starting it after its been cooking in the sun for a lil while. Still, some ac is better then no ac.

Looks like were going to have another record hot summer across the USA.

My first suggestion was going to be low freon but your first post said that was topped off. I added a can to mine last summer and it blew me away how much colder it was.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would also make sure your fresh air/recirculate blend door hasn't broken off in the dash. You will have a very hard time cooling if that happened.

This happened to mine after the drunk driver accident earlier this year. Anyone know what I have to do to fix it?

This happened to mine after the drunk driver accident earlier this year. Anyone know what I have to do to fix it?
Take the dash out. Or if u are fine with always recirculating then tape the door to that side in there. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Had to do it on my 06 what a pain. When i got the whole dash out to replace the whole box with a new one it didnt exactly fit coming out because of the brace that's welded in behind the dash its a pain in the ass for something so minor

I swear to god that I can't catch a break. If it's not one thing it's another.

When i replaced my door i only had to remove 2 bolts. Remove the 2 pass side dash bolts- loosen the 2 dash bolts on the drivers side and you can slide the dash out and over and easily access the blend thing.

Might be more bolts than that, but it is a surprisingly easy task. Youtube has plenty of videos on it.

ya it takes a while for these trucks to blow cold air, my trick with my single cab is to put the ac on with recirculate on as well but only put the fan speed on number 2 not on 3 or full blast, takes about 3-5 minutes depending on heat temps but you will be blowing freezing cold air

My first summer in Phoenix heat with my truck (10+yrs ago) I had the issue with passenger side getting warm/not as cold as drivers side. Took it back to the dealer a number of times...always came back with no problem, freon topped off etc.

Ended up taking it to a specialty shop that only did HVAC for vehicles. Guy just smiled and said I can fix it for you. Picked up later that day and nearly ice cold on both sides. Been that way for the last 160,000 miles.

Basically, he said that Dodge's idea of topped off was incorrect. He told me where he set it but can't recall now. He did warn me about the flapper door...apparently it was common even way back then.

My first summer in Phoenix heat with my truck (10+yrs ago) I had the issue with passenger side getting warm/not as cold as drivers side. Took it back to the dealer a number of times...always came back with no problem, freon topped off etc.

Ended up taking it to a specialty shop that only did HVAC for vehicles. Guy just smiled and said I can fix it for you. Picked up later that day and nearly ice cold on both sides. Been that way for the last 160,000 miles.

Basically, he said that Dodge's idea of topped off was incorrect. He told me where he set it but can't recall now. He did warn me about the flapper door...apparently it was common even way back then.

IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK WHAT YOURE AT NOW?

With your truck parked pull the plug off temp. sensor off the top of the t-stat housing. See if you a/c works better then.

...and no this is not a joke.

ya it takes a while for these trucks to blow cold air, my trick with my single cab is to put the ac on with recirculate on as well but only put the fan speed on number 2 not on 3 or full blast, takes about 3-5 minutes depending on heat temps but you will be blowing freezing cold air

Mine is the same way except I put it on 3 with re-circulation on. The re-circulation button is the key if that is not on it will take forever for the ac to blow cold during the day when the sun is beaming down on the truck. At night time it doesn't matter.

Im spoiled by my srt-6, that thing a/c will freeze you out in 2 mins no matter how hot it is outside.

A tunner can increase your fan duty cycle to make it rev to the higher speed earlier.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back