Superchargers

ronaldjfletcher

Reaction score
Whats the better supercharger guys, Roe or Paxton? Why?
I don't want to waste my money.

Also why does the SCT Tuner have 3 tunes?

So far I only have a K&N Cold Air Kit, Catless mids, Magnaflow, Roe Throttle Body and a 170 deg. Thermo. 3 Tune SCT Tuner is still in the box.

Last edited:
depends on what you want...they are both very different beasts...

i had an 04' with a paxton. roughly 600wrhp. pulled pretty nasty up top.

the roe gives great low end toque and will pull like a frieght train from the low end..

both are pretty limited though...i think around 750rwhp is about the max anyone has gotten with either of them... maybe a little less for the roe...

are you forged?

depends on what you want...they are both very different beasts...

i had an 04' with a paxton. roughly 600wrhp. pulled pretty nasty up top.

the roe gives great low end toque and will pull like a frieght train from the low end..

both are pretty limited though...i think around 750rwhp is about the max anyone has gotten with either of them... maybe a little less for the roe...

are you forged?

No forged pistons

if you aren't forged, or planning on it later, i'd probably go with a paxton...

it's easier on the motor in the long run, but not as fun stoplight to stoplight as a roe, in my opinion...

if you aren't forged, or planning on it later, i'd probably go with a paxton...

it's easier on the motor in the long run, but not as fun stoplight to stoplight as a roe, in my opinion...

Again thank you, that is what I need to hear, I will go with the Paxton for now. Would you happen to know what the boost lbs will end up being for a Paxton? Will I need new head studs? Higher lb valve springs? Any billet tranny mods require to hold it together? Are the availible cams worth the money, meaning are they cut for superchargers?

Sorry I don't know anything about gas engines, I have been running a cummings diesel for the last 5 years. It's a screammer but has become unfriendly especially in the city, black smoke and requires operating it rather than driving it. It's very fast and that's why my new Ram SRT10 (new to me) must be faster or close to it. I drove a Ram SRT10 with high miles 2 months ago but it was a real dog, this one is much much better.

Last edited:
depends on what you want out of the truck

do you want a fun kick arse daily driver? then the roe

do you want quick times at the track , the paxton

as far as one being easier on the engine more then the other...bs, boost is boost regardless

upgrade the springs and pushrods also, but a forged bottom end is best if affordable

it all depends on what you end goal is, its different for everyone.

if you have a QC expect trans upgrades

if you have an RC expect clutch upgrades and spider gear upgrades

expect fuel upgrades with both as well as injectors

major hp, procharger, forged bottom end

serious hp turbos

quick fun nos

but in all , the drivetrain will need upgrades, then the engine, so keep these in mind

depends on what you want out of the truck

do you want a fun kick arse daily driver? then the roe

do you want quick times at the track , the paxton

as far as one being easier on the engine more then the other...bs, boost is boost regardless

upgrade the springs and pushrods also, but a forged bottom end is best if affordable

it all depends on what you end goal is, its different for everyone.

if you have a QC expect trans upgrades

if you have an RC expect clutch upgrades and spider gear upgrades

expect fuel upgrades with both as well as injectors

major hp, procharger, forged bottom end

serious hp turbos

quick fun nos

but in all , the drivetrain will need upgrades, then the engine, so keep these in mind

Thank you, yes I already made the drivetrain mistake with my Dodge Diesel, everything has been replaced numerous times, 4 new tranny's, 2 new torque converters, 1 broke input shaft and 1 broken rearend later from just doing the engine, turbo's, electronics and fuel mods first, I finally endup up with a billet sled pulling tranny out of Canada and haven't had an once of trouble since but the damn thing cost over $7K and took 6 weeks to get plus I had to pay an import tax. So it looks like I will need to do the drivetrain before the supercharger, again thank you.

I thought I read somewhere that the Ram SRT10 has the same drivetrain as my Dodge Diesel??? I need to research that further, if that's true I already know where to go for a complete billet tranny and what I need to do.

I just want an above average daily driver Ram SRT 10 that will hold together and to spank C5 Corvette's and GT Mustang's just like I do with my old 2002 Dodge Diesel Dually farm truck that weighs 11,000 lbs, 0 to 60mph is currently 4.2 seconds with spinning all 4 wheels in the back (2 wheel drive), 1/4 is 12.8 because I need to remove the speed limiter as I top out before finishing the run. But now with Ram SRT10 I can do it with some class... I also have an SRT6 Crossfire daily driver with heavy mods that will spank them as well. I am Dodge Man all the way and won't drive nothing but a Dodge.

PS: I just found your web site, we will be talking very soon. I need to finish this project I am on and get home. Thanks...

Last edited:
Have a Paxton and have no problems with it 33k on current setup 36k total on truck. Drove a roe and it's more fun line to line but the Paxton feels like a shot of nitrous around 3k rpm. Just depends on which you like try to drive both though made that mistake in the past on a different rig and ended up kickin myself for it. (bought turbo for s2000 should have bought SC for offline TQ). Just my two cents good luck to you though

I'd choose a Paxton or a Procharger because of how and WHERE they build boost in a heavy truck like these.

They have a different kind of boost than the Twin-Screw (Roe), which makes a difference in how the engine reacts to it...
There is a very good reason why the boost of the hard-hitting Roe kit is limited and designed for a stock-engine application.

As mentioned, it depends what YOU want..

P.S. If all boost was the same, why aren't some of the Top Fuel cars using turbos ?... ;)

Last edited:
I had a ROE and now have a Procharger, I just drove it tonight for the first time.

All I can say is that I had a substantial air leak and was only putting out 4 pounds of boost, but the truck felt MUCH stronger than what it did with the ROE with less boost.

I got the air leak fixed and now have alternator issues, so now on to that.

I had a ROE and now have a Procharger, I just drove it tonight for the first time.

All I can say is that I had a substantial air leak and was only putting out 4 pounds of boost, but the truck felt MUCH stronger than what it did with the ROE with less boost.

I got the air leak fixed and now have alternator issues, so now on to that.

Great to hear that; well most of it.. :)
See you in the Spring!!

Thanks Ron, I am looking forward to it. :D

Me Too..

In the meantime, we have some very cool projects over the Winter...

After 3 years of sitting on top of the N.A. Quad Cab 1/4 mile pile, someone drove past me when I wasn't looking !
So, I guess it's time to put my own engine back together... :)

Ronnie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back