suspension drop question.

Night Runner 067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so dont explode when I ask this question, but what is the lowest drop possible on a 10's without getting crazy. I bagged my hemi NR and liked it and was on a 6/8 before the bags and all I can find is a 2/5 for the 10. I am not expecting to go as low as the 6/8 I had before. but my 06 sets really high and 2/5 is just not enough to me. Maybe once it is on I will reconsider, but has anyone cut the front coils to gain a inch or so. Like I said dont explode because I ask about cutting a coil. I have done it to numerous hemi rams in the past with no problems, and 3 in the front was something that could still be aligned without alot of work.

An help would be great.

Thanks,
Josh

have you seen some pics of the 2/5 drop. its pretty low and looks real good. and if its not low enough, just put 24's on:D

i could be wrong here but i thought i heard somethin about puttin a hemi front spring on the front will lower it, instead of cutting one. and that coupled with some drop shakles might get you where you want to be. i dont know a whole lot about this stuff, but thought i heard somethin like that. hope this helps

I was just talking to Tony over the weekend about this. I have ridden in his truck and he in mine. His truck is alot lower than mine. I have a Xmetal kit and want a kit to get really low.

I was just talking to Tony over the weekend about this. I have ridden in his truck and he in mine. His truck is alot lower than mine. I have a Xmetal kit and want a kit to get really low.

wes, is the x-metal kit a lower one than tony's? i know it seems obvious but maybe not.....:dontknow:

If the hemi spring works then I am set because I have all the stock suspension from my hemi night runner that I didnt need after it was bagged. When I get the kit from tony I will experiment with the spring to see what it does.

Thanks Guys.

I have the 3 inch blocks from tony and 2 inch spring i bought from alexspop. truck sits good with that combo. the cal-tracs lifted the rear up a tad, but nothing to much to be an eyesore.

I have seen a bodydropped srt-10 before haha

This is SRT2SLOW's truck
SDC11236.jpg
Its got a 2/5... if you go much lower than that you'd have to put it on a go-kart chassis. That stance there is PERFECT... as long as you never enter a parking lot, or leave your driveway.

I had a 6/8 static drop on my hemi nr and then bagged it and still never really had any problems

DAMN that's bad a$$, that will be in my list of next mods. Is that the JTSVP 2/5 drop?

This is SRT2SLOW's truck
View attachment 46511
Its got a 2/5... if you go much lower than that you'd have to put it on a go-kart chassis. That stance there is PERFECT... as long as you never enter a parking lot, or leave your driveway.

If the hemi spring works then I am set because I have all the stock suspension from my hemi night runner that I didnt need after it was bagged. When I get the kit from tony I will experiment with the spring to see what it does.

Thanks Guys.

If im not mistaken the stock hemi spring is 2" higher then the stock SRT spring so youd have to cut 2 or 3 coils off. My truck is on a hemi chassis and i bought belltech 2" drop coils and it now sits like a stock SRT does in the front.

I have and X metal kit on my truck(I'm not sure the drop in the front but the rear has 2" blocks) and I would like to get the truck lower but I don't want to compromise the handling. I'm about to replace everything in the suspension with poly bushings. Is it possible to run a 5" block in the rear?

I have and X metal kit on my truck(I'm not sure the drop in the front but the rear has 2" blocks) and I would like to get the truck lower but I don't want to compromise the handling. I'm about to replace everything in the suspension with poly bushings. Is it possible to run a 5" block in the rear?

id probley just use a flip kit or if your leafs are already underneith use a 3" block and 2" lowering shackles. you dont wanna have a huge block underneither your truck

I have Tony's drop, and I don't think I would want it any lower without making some type of modifications to the rear frame rail (C-notch, airbags). However, here is a picture of my old 10 with the X-metal.

28951d1220025937-pic-my-truck-road-trip-road-trip-08-041.jpg

id probley just use a flip kit or if your leafs are already underneith use a 3" block and 2" lowering shackles. you dont wanna have a huge block underneither your truck

Maybe I'll go with the bell tech rear drop shackles and 3" blocks that Tony sells.

I have Tony's drop, and I don't think I would want it any lower without making some type of modifications to the rear frame rail (C-notch, airbags). However, here is a picture of my old 10 with the X-metal.

Looks clean man!!

Maybe I'll go with the bell tech rear drop shackles and 3" blocks that Tony sells.

yeah i got the belltech flip kit on my quad cab and im pretty happy with how it sits and i dont have to go super slow over bumps. Outnumbereds truck looks bitchin but probley a PITA over bumps and driveways.

3 inch on the rear is as low as you can go on a RC, shackles do not work on the RC srt's they hit the frame, after 3 inch you have to modify the driveshaft, change shocks, and notch the frame if you want any suspension, 3 inch puts the frame rail right at the axle

So the silver truck in the pic is a 2/5 e-metal, which is about the same as the JTSVP kit. My buddy has a 05 QC that sets about an inch lower, is this normal for the 06 to set a little higher. My hemi did, compared to other 02-05 hemis, just didnt know if this was the same on the 10's also.

Outnumbered, I love the drop, I could totally sport that and be happy.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back