suspension help!

Thanks for the support man I am about to take another go at it with the qc

I have confidence you will get it right this time. E told me he was going to have his truck shipped to you so you can do his c notch before he moves to cali. :D

Your rear has shorty bumpstops but front looks to be your issue. You'll have to cut spot welds holding metal cup for bumpstop off and replace with our pancake stops like your rear has.

so are those bumpstops in the rear ok or do I need new or thicker ones?? or just C-notch the deal and be done with it?. obviously I would rather NOT do that but if it is what it is then so be it

here are some pics of what I have underneath. Hopefully this will give you guys enough info to let me know what I need or ?? thanks in advance~!

That looks like a steel bolt not a bump stop. Is this a problem only on a lowered four-door truck?

Every bump stop I ever seen was made out of rubber, polyurethane or something softer than steel.

Every bump stop I ever seen was made out of rubber, polyurethane or something softer than steel.

He has a polyurethane bumpstop out back. The front had NO suspension whatsoever. It's riding on bumpstop! C notch isn't needed and this is really an issue with RC and QC trucks when lowered.

is that the right amount of leaves on the rear springs for a QC???

I am glad we did because the qc rides so much better than the rc lowered

I don't like it as you can't carry near the weight a RC can without squatting. Rides are similar as long as RC isn't sitting on bumpstops. RC is more nimble for sure.

Venom- can you shoot me a PM ?. I need to get something coming to fix this problem. for some reason (and maybe im just missing it) I don't see any function to PM someone?

Venom- can you shoot me a PM ?. I need to get something coming to fix this problem. for some reason (and maybe im just missing it) I don't see any function to PM someone?

You don't have enough post yet. What I would do first via remove front bumpstop and cup. See how you like your ride. I can send T
Ya front bumpstops as a start point.

You don't have enough post yet. What I would do first via remove front bumpstop and cup. See how you like your ride. I can send T
Ya front bumpstops as a start point.

do I have those just cut off with a torch or ?. not sure how those are removed?. I guess I should consult a shop who does this stuff huh:dontknow:

Plasma, torch, cutoff wheel, baby mice, however you can. Lol
I believe it's 3 tack welds on there.

I don't like it as you can't carry near the weight a RC can without squatting. Rides are similar as long as RC isn't sitting on bumpstops. RC is more nimble for sure.

Yeah I can see that but I hear a few guys run a helper air bag to compensate. I have driven both and rc seems to ride alot stiffer but it also had caltracs on it which not sure if that makes a difference. I have thought about using rc leaf springs with blocks to get the bigger payload but rc leafs are also alot heavier

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back