T-56 leaks at high speed?

Psycho1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some "spirited" runs early Sunday a.m. (in Mexico) to enjoy the quiet roads and shake down my latest tune from Torrie.

Encountered some 4th - 5th gear WOT sweeper's with a few manageable dips. Came home and noticed some fluid had dripped down from the top of the transmission case. The source is on top of the main case in front of the housing extension. I know the case has a breather tube in the same location.

I verified that the case is not overfilled. So I wiped it down and went for another drive (a bit more calm). Still dry after the drive. So either I have an issue or mere conditions of the run (excessive G-force's) causing the leak.

Question.... anyone here experience this phenomenon? :dontknow:

Thanks Guys!

Cheers!

Yes but never had the problem. Probably belched out the vent from g's & high temps. What fluid are you running?

Yes but never had the problem. Probably belched out the vent from g's & high temps. What fluid are you running?

Should have mentioned that.... Redline D4 (Ran this in truck since 2010).

Thanks for asking.

My speculation is also g's and conditions. Belched is a good term. The amount of "splatter" and drips off tail case was a couple teaspoons.

Its from the over flow tube On top of the tranny. You probably put a little too much fLuid. Mine did the same thing .

My 01 Wrangler would push Lucas gear oil out the vent when temps were below 20 degrees. Synthetic solved this problem. I run gear oil in my 10 trans.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back