T-56 questions

Geodriller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As many o you know my truck put up some weak numbers on the dyno.

Q1, is it possible my clutch was slippiong on the dyno and is part of my problem

Q2, if so, would the numbers be so consistant or if it was slipping would the resul;t numbers vary more?

Q3, more of a statement really. my truck runs a little inconsistent. sometimes feels much stronger than other times even if there is not much diff in ambient temps.

Q4, how easy is it to drop a T-56 in an 06??

I have tried to test the clutch by going WOT in gears, and there is no slippage, butthere is also not much power when i do it. just a thought here and would make me feel better if i can drop the tranny and check the flywheel and clutch

Thanks.

As many o you know my truck put up some weak numbers on the dyno.

Q1, is it possible my clutch was slippiong on the dyno and is part of my problem

Q2, if so, would the numbers be so consistant or if it was slipping would the resul;t numbers vary more?

Q3, more of a statement really. my truck runs a little inconsistent. sometimes feels much stronger than other times even if there is not much diff in ambient temps.

Q4, how easy is it to drop a T-56 in an 06??

I have tried to test the clutch by going WOT in gears, and there is no slippage, butthere is also not much power when i do it. just a thought here and would make me feel better if i can drop the tranny and check the flywheel and clutch

Thanks.

A1. Possibley. I had a customer just the other day that had low numbers and we couldnt figure out way. He called me on his way home and needed a tow......broken twin disk clutch lol

A2. His numbers were all over the place. 650 one pass to 500 the next.

A3. HMMM

A4. Pretty easy. You and a buddy can pull it out in the garage in a couple hours.

Could only be slipping when it up top making HIGH power. Try going like 30mph in 3rd or 4th and then hammer down. See if she slips at all, but drive the truck around and get that clutch nice n hot.

so would you consider my consistant numbers a testament that my clutch is not slipping.

pull one w/ tune was 409/453
pull two w/ tune was 412/450
pull three w/o tune was 415/423

those are not exact, but very close. dont know where my printouts are

yeah those are pretty consistant brutha.....i wouldnt say your havin clutch problems...your numbers dont look horrible though....you figure motor is rated at about 500hp/550tq or so take away about 30% to the wheels and youd be at 350hp/385tq so you have about 70hp/70tq increase. I havent gotten a chance to play with a srt10 on the dyno yet so im just going off knowledge here.....

yeah those are pretty consistant brutha.....i wouldnt say your havin clutch problems...your numbers dont look horrible though....you figure motor is rated at about 500hp/550tq or so take away about 30% to the wheels and youd be at 350hp/385tq so you have about 70hp/70tq increase. I havent gotten a chance to play with a srt10 on the dyno yet so im just going off knowledge here.....

yeah, if you look at it that way. i have been looking at it from what other people have done and were they sit. i still have yet to find one single truck with my mods that has less HP than me....not one. and there are alot of stock trucks out there pushin the same or cl;ose to my #'s.

15% is average on a manual trans drivetrain loss...

First of all if it involves you spending one more penny on the truck we now know it aint going to happen..........maybe a change of the gerbils running on the engine treadmill..........it runs what it does and yes we are all giving you great props on your killar times in that killar truck ;)

First of all if it involves you spending one more penny on the truck we now know it aint going to happen..........maybe a change of the gerbils running on the engine treadmill..........it runs what it does and yes we are all giving you great props on your killar times in that killar truck ;)

aha. i would chalenge you to a foot race too, but we all know you would proly break your hip if your old ass even tried to walk fast. grey boy

here's what you'll see:

clutchinstall1.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back