T56 1k miles, dyno only

Can you measure yoke barrel with a caliper please. Still hard to tell but looks small. Looks closer to 1.66" than 1.885"

yup... i got 1.684? so was i lied too? i counted the spines inside the yoke twice, 29 spline

well to make it easyer here are the numbers

tag:
05037432AA E2(8?)32
TUET-2190 00003

TAIL :
CUEX-1820

MID PLATE:
13-86-172-904- K 03

CASE:
13-86-065-902

BARCODE:
432AA
05037432AA

TTRTM14830003

input shaft gear tooth count was 31

well ive gatherd it was built may 28th 2003 2nd shift and its serial number 3

If it's a 1.66" it's a car tranny or a car tail housing on a truck case possibly. No if's, ands or but's. :eek:
If they used a truck case in a car this is what they'd have to do to make it work. Doing this weakens torque load yoke/output shaft can take and with our extra 2000+ lbs it's crucial to have the bigger output shaft and yoke size.

Last edited:
hmmm well still forsale lol, wonder why it had the truck shifter .. so what does the teut 2190 mean?

are the output shafts the same? must have been a hybrid deal huh? looks like the carved the part# into the back of the TB too, wierd... so what guts do i have car or truck?

In case anyone may still be interested im talking with john donato to see what i have, he was a engineer at chrysler and now specializes in building these trans, he knew of the people i purchased it from and said it is either a viper trans, or a freak of its own built to test what ever it was they were testing, ill let u know soon

Last edited:
Wouldnt this be a good buy for one of you QC guys who want to switch over? How much do our T56's go for anyway?
if you can get a t56 magnum to fit/work, then this isnt a good deal.

Got a used viper spec for $1500 shipped about 4 years ago. the truck is unique so if the seller understands that, they can ask a high price.

I have been looking for a gen 2 viper car tail housing if anyone sees one....

I had this argument with a transmission shop when I was trying to acquire a T56 for my 6 speed swap. I had already paid the owner to build it for me and wanted to argue that the truck and car tail cones were the same when I picked it up.

I took my drive shaft with me to prove him wrong.. I asked for my money back. A week later he had the correct tail cone with all new internals. Over a year and still going strong in my daily driver QC.

I had this argument with a transmission shop when I was trying to acquire a T56 for my 6 speed swap. I had already paid the owner to build it for me and wanted to argue that the truck and car tail cones were the same when I picked it up.

I took my drive shaft with me to prove him wrong.. I asked for my money back. A week later he had the correct tail cone with all new internals. Over a year and still going strong in my daily driver QC.

Isn't it a blast to drive now compared to prior? :D

Hey guys, it isnt a ram trans... just a viper .. that being said its still forsale with bellhousing, TB, viper yoke and Ram shifter.. 1200 miles make an offer if youd like..
Thanks, Adam

Back