T56 1k miles, dyno only

Can you measure yoke barrel with a caliper please. Still hard to tell but looks small. Looks closer to 1.66" than 1.885"

yup... i got 1.684? so was i lied too? i counted the spines inside the yoke twice, 29 spline

well to make it easyer here are the numbers

tag:
05037432AA E2(8?)32
TUET-2190 00003

TAIL :
CUEX-1820

MID PLATE:
13-86-172-904- K 03

CASE:
13-86-065-902

BARCODE:
432AA
05037432AA

TTRTM14830003

input shaft gear tooth count was 31

well ive gatherd it was built may 28th 2003 2nd shift and its serial number 3

If it's a 1.66" it's a car tranny or a car tail housing on a truck case possibly. No if's, ands or but's. :eek:
If they used a truck case in a car this is what they'd have to do to make it work. Doing this weakens torque load yoke/output shaft can take and with our extra 2000+ lbs it's crucial to have the bigger output shaft and yoke size.

Last edited:
hmmm well still forsale lol, wonder why it had the truck shifter .. so what does the teut 2190 mean?

are the output shafts the same? must have been a hybrid deal huh? looks like the carved the part# into the back of the TB too, wierd... so what guts do i have car or truck?

In case anyone may still be interested im talking with john donato to see what i have, he was a engineer at chrysler and now specializes in building these trans, he knew of the people i purchased it from and said it is either a viper trans, or a freak of its own built to test what ever it was they were testing, ill let u know soon

Last edited:
Wouldnt this be a good buy for one of you QC guys who want to switch over? How much do our T56's go for anyway?
if you can get a t56 magnum to fit/work, then this isnt a good deal.

Got a used viper spec for $1500 shipped about 4 years ago. the truck is unique so if the seller understands that, they can ask a high price.

I have been looking for a gen 2 viper car tail housing if anyone sees one....

I had this argument with a transmission shop when I was trying to acquire a T56 for my 6 speed swap. I had already paid the owner to build it for me and wanted to argue that the truck and car tail cones were the same when I picked it up.

I took my drive shaft with me to prove him wrong.. I asked for my money back. A week later he had the correct tail cone with all new internals. Over a year and still going strong in my daily driver QC.

I had this argument with a transmission shop when I was trying to acquire a T56 for my 6 speed swap. I had already paid the owner to build it for me and wanted to argue that the truck and car tail cones were the same when I picked it up.

I took my drive shaft with me to prove him wrong.. I asked for my money back. A week later he had the correct tail cone with all new internals. Over a year and still going strong in my daily driver QC.

Isn't it a blast to drive now compared to prior? :D

Hey guys, it isnt a ram trans... just a viper .. that being said its still forsale with bellhousing, TB, viper yoke and Ram shifter.. 1200 miles make an offer if youd like..
Thanks, Adam

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back