T56 Reverse issue

Shifter is out gentlemen, im going for it myself. Since no question is a dumb one lol where should I place the 4 jack stands. I was thinking 2 at the rear axle but where to put the fronts?

If your half ass mechanically inclined built it yourself, although you did just ask where to put jack stands.........maybe you should let someone else do it?

Might want to mark the spline/shaft where drive shaft enters trany (index) for installation.
If its not too late that is.......Good luck !

Might want to mark the spline/shaft where drive shaft enters trany (index) for installation.
If its not too late that is.......Good luck !

Ours don't have the aligning spline many driveshafts have. You can install it 28 different ways. ;)
It has been awhile in a QC maybe they do have that alignment spline? :confused:

Jason does great work! SRT2SLOW has had issues with Tick but I've used them years ago with success but recommend TDP in DFW as well. :burnout:

I used rpm transmissions. they told me the reason my reverse didn't work was because of my shifter. I got a new one and nothing, then they told me it was the clutch. tried a new clutch and nothing. then I sent it back to them and they told me it needed bearings so they replaced them and charged me another 1500 and I still have no reverse. o well I got used to it. I am going to take it apart myself next to see what's up.

I used rpm transmissions. they told me the reason my reverse didn't work was because of my shifter. I got a new one and nothing, then they told me it was the clutch. tried a new clutch and nothing. then I sent it back to them and they told me it needed bearings so they replaced them and charged me another 1500 and I still have no reverse. o well I got used to it. I am going to take it apart myself next to see what's up.

I have the puller for 5-6 when you need it.

Is that the only thing that comes in the special tool kit from ma mopar? Is it an h-beam studed puller or a 3 jaw?...

It is a bridge puller with 12" long bolts and a special puller that fits around the 5-6 gear. There are some other tools they say are needed but you can get away without them.

It is a bridge puller with 12" long bolts and a special puller that fits around the 5-6 gear. There are some other tools they say are needed but you can get away without them.

Is it like the flat one with the two studs at bottom of pic to fit around 5th and 6th?? I shud know the name for this shit since i use it weekly..WTF? :dontknow:

Attachments

• MVC-018F_zpsbf1501bf.jpg
    MVC-018F_zpsbf1501bf.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 29
Is it like the flat one with the two studs at bottom of pic to fit around 5th and 6th?? I shud know the name for this shit since i use it weekly..WTF? :dontknow:

No, I will post up some pics of what it looks like, you can also use a long 3 jaw puller and it will work.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back