tailgate lock install OK; result CD not working

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Q:tailgate lock install OK; result CD not working

Hellow fellas,
plugged the power cable of the tailgate lock I got from TYF onto the central locking system but I disconnected the main (huge white) connector at the firewall so I could see the right colors better. after putting everything back together my radio (std in dash CD changer) was not capable of playing CD anymore. I always get CD error. Eject or loading a new one gave the same error.:dontknow: I disconnected the mass of the battery to try a reset for a couple seconds and now the radio even thinks he doesn't got a CD player. Going through the different modes (FM/AM/sirius and normally CD) I don't get CD mode anymore?

Guys, what do you think I can do to solve the problem?:dontknow:

Last edited:
wont grow old said:
Sounds like you snipped the wrong wires.!! Wierd!! Good luck
If I took the wrong wires the lock would not be working would it ?:dontknow:
BTW: radio acted like that even before I chipped the wires... :confused: :confused:

:mad: Mine did the same thing....had it replaced under warranty.
They had to mail my cd's that were in the changer, would not come out on there own.

Quick

Tailgate lock install

I read all of the schematics and was alarmed by the different wires in the right door, so I decided to leave it to the experts. I took it to the dealer paid one hour of shop rate and they connected it to the central bus and it works off of the passenger door lock. Click the remote once to lock, click twice to unlock passenger door and tailgate lock. You may have to resort to going to the dealer before it becomes a really expensive problem.
Mark

My cd

mine crapped out too...dealer replaced it no ?'s asked in 10 only mins.

chrysler does have alot of trouble with radio c/d players in general. i would bet its the radio it self can you get it changed at a dealer?

dragon said:
chrysler does have alot of trouble with radio c/d players in general. i would bet its the radio it self can you get it changed at a dealer?

I will try to get it fixed at a DODGE/chrysler dealer. Better put the ipod interphase on hold :dontknow: . If they can't fix it under warranty and the new radio is too expensive I might go for an in dash nav system from pioneer.
Anyhow, just got back from a party here I was the DJ. It's 4 am over here.
gonna turn in :coffee: :goodnight: thanks all for yr advice and experience...
Well appreciated as always;)

radio took a shit... i cant tell you how many times after disconnecting power and the reconnecting that a radio has took a dump.. you need a radio

ya mine also did that .. and since my warnty is void .. i just smashed the dash with my fist a few times.. straight down from the windshiled .. and click it started working lol.. so thats the fix ;-)

smashing dash no worky :confused:
called dodge dealer, no warranty on non-official imported cars:mad:
New european radio = 1000 euros :mad: :mad: .

What are my options/thougths:
US RBQ from ebay (+ Ipod kit and separate mobile Nav)
+ cheap
+ Nav can be used on the bike too
+ no risk on break in (IF i removed the nav everytime)
- less audio funtionality with Nav
- what if the damn radio goed dead again
pioneer radio with intergrated Nav/ipod kit
+ a little more expensive
+ nice clean instal and good audio during NAV
- no steering wheel control
- where do I get the adaptor to fit this one DIN sized radio??
- risk on break in if they see the radio

Can you easily hook up a pioneer (or any other brand for that matter)
to the infinity sub? Is there a interphase kit available so the steering wheel
control would still work?

Floor said:
- where do I get the adaptor to fit this one DIN sized radio??

Jan, I know a guy in Belgium and he's selling those adaptors for the 02-05 ram trucks.. He's asking 50 euro for it..
It's a little plastic piece of the dash (the same size as the factroy radio) include a adaptor for the antenna cable and wiring with plugs.
Last week i bought the same kit so i can remove the Pioneer avic n1 multimedia system with navigation out of my indyram and put it into my srt/10 when i've got the truck at home next week.. The radio control behind the steering wheel shouldn't work and that sucks, but my pioneer has his own remote control so i can live with that..
This guy from Belgium shipped it (with DPD) to my home in Holland and i received the kit 3 days ago...
Just send me a email for some more information.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back