Tall highway gears?

flchub said:
you dont have a christmas tree ..........hannukah boi!!!!
Quote me properly, dumbass! I said your Christmas tree, beyotch.:p

MrBIGWORM said:
i thought this thread is about gears....? go get a room!
That wouldn't be any fun. We like doing it in a public forum.:D

MrBIGWORM said:
i thought this thread is about gears....? go get a room!
i'm trying to help you with your gears and make fun of sanqueen,geesh

seeing how i'm the only one on this forum who has swapped out the 4:56 gears on our stock axels and put a 3:73 in,the process is a pain if the shop doesnt know what they are doing,make sure the shop u have do this knows how to work on the dana super 60,this axel is slightly different from the other dana's,.

jts venom performance has the parts you will need to do the swap correctly

well then if you put 3:73s into your ride...what did it do for your mileage? and did it increase the top speed?

MrBIGWORM said:
well then if you put 3:73s into your ride...what did it do for your mileage? and did it increase the top speed?
you dont have the torque to support 3:73's,i do

my rpms have dropped considerably which means less fuel

you should see about a 300 rpm drop with 4:10's ,that may not seem like much but i'd say its good for about 2mpg increase for highway miles

your profile says you have 2 srt's. Did you put those 3:73s into the qc or the rc?

instead of buying gears, just go buy a cheap DD for $2000. in a QC whats the point of anything less than 4.56 with out F/I.

MrBIGWORM said:
your profile says you have 2 srt's. Did you put those 3:73s into the qc or the rc?
i dont have the qc anymore ,i put the 3:73's in the rc,the rearends are the same on both trucks though
you run 80mph@bout 2600-2700 rpms in the qc.with the 4:10 gears u should drop to around 2300rpms maybe less.

you should have higher speed in every gear.

the weight of the qc combined with the gear change would be difficult for the engine at lower rpms to handle,hence needing higher torque

flchub said:
you dont have the torque to support 3:73's,i do

my rpms have dropped considerably which means less fuel

you should see about a 300 rpm drop with 4:10's ,that may not seem like much but i'd say its good for about 2mpg increase for highway miles
I would have to agree. With over 800 rwtq, you're golden in the torque department.:burnout:

BurntRubber said:
instead of buying gears, just go buy a cheap DD for $2000. in a QC whats the point of anything less than 4.56 with out F/I.
I got F/I :D :D :rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
go with 4.10s first bro on the auto , they are geared totally different, I have offered my 4.10s for free with exchange for your 4,56 gears and the person pay for shipping only jsut to find out if the 4.10 would actually help out with mileage and how it would affect the overall performance factor of the auto.

so far no one has takn me up on it
Tony. I'll do the swap, but I don't want to give up my 4:56 gears. My girlfriend Chubby, said he'll give you his 4:56's.:) I guess I'll also need a set of carrier bearings. What else?

BurntRubber said:
i thought the point of owning these trucks were to drive them

SANTEEN said:
Tony. I'll do the swap, but I don't want to give up my 4:56 gears. My girlfriend Chubby, said he'll give you his 4:56's.:) I guess I'll also need a set of carrier bearings. What else?
You gonna kill your truck on the track. You put the Paxton on it to pick it up now you are gonna give that advantage back.:( :(

flchub said:
i thought the point of owning these trucks were to drive them

i just thought he was worried about gas cost from driving all the time,

FATJACK said:
You gonna kill your truck on the track. You put the Paxton on it to pick it up now you are gonna give that advantage back.:( :(
weird,dodge set the world record and 1/4 mile track times with the 4:10's not the 4:56 or the 4:88's.

jack you have been wrong from the beginning,i ran 1.90 60 ft times on street tires,aslong as he has the torque which sanqueen does not only will he have good 60' times but his trap speed will increase because of the taller gears.

i'll still spoon with you jack but i get the outside;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back