Tax Check

ohiosrt10 said:
If you filed using TaxCut or some other software and chose to pay the $19.xx or $29.xx fee FROM your refund, you will have to wait for a paper check. If you paid the filing fees with a credit card and chose direct deposit, you will get the much quicker electronic transfer to your account.

When you do a quick refund with a preparer like H&R or any preparer that offers fast refunds you are actually getting a loan from a third party bank. They receive your refund from the IRS. They should not receive your rebate check if you listed your account number on the 2nd page..

TNVIPER said:
Your deposit goes direct from the IRS to your account if you listed the info on the 2nd page of your tax return....it does not matter who you filed with your return is transmitted to a 3rd party then batched to the IRS....

So what you are saying is that all Third party is working for free?

They take there fees before you get your hands on the money. Call H R Block and ask. They will tell you different than what you are saying. I have called 2 different offices on behalf of my parents and what I am saying is what H R Block said

stick said:
So what you are saying is that all Third party is working for free?

They take there fees before you get your hands on the money. Call H R Block and ask. They will tell you different than what you are saying. I have called 2 different offices on behalf of my parents and what I am saying is what H R Block said

Let me explain this way..

1. your return is electronically sent to a 3rd party (this is not the same as the 3rd party in #2) who batches returns to the IRS.

2. if you are paying fees and/or getting a rapid refund the electronic data contains info for the IRS to send your refund to a 3rd party financial institution...it is the law...a preparer cannot have a refund deposited in his account. This includes H&R Block...though there is a separate H&R Financial Inc that Block uses as it's 3rd party financial entity.

3. If you are not receiving a fast refund or paying fees out of your refund then the IRS will direct deposit to your checking.

4. Your rebate check will be sent to the bank and account that is listed on the 2nd page of your return. If this is blank your will get a check in the mail approx 1-2 weeks later than the direct deposits.

One other thing...dont do rapid refunds..in most cases you pay the same as getting a 100% + interest rate loan.

I went through H&R Block and my tax refund went into my account fast just like the lady said. Now I am waiting for the $900.00 rebate money. But my SS# ends with 88 so I shouldn't EVEN be posting yet. But if I have the same issues I'm gonna go back and see that lady at the Block and turn 100% ghetto.... :hmpf:Cuuuuzz all'st I'm sayin' iz, :argh:"B*@tch better have my money."

look on the 2nd page of your return line 74b & 74d....that is where your rebate check will go. If one or both lines are blank then watch your mailbox..

This is the IRS schedule...Notice it says "transmitted by"....your bank may not post it for another 1-3 days..

Direct Deposit Payments
If the last two digits of your Social Security number are:
Your economic stimulus payment deposit should be transmitted to your bank account by:
00 – 20
May 2
21 – 75
May 9
76 – 99
May 16
Paper Check
Your check should be in the mail by:
00 – 09
May 16
10 – 18
May 23
19 – 25
May 30
26 – 38
June 6
39 – 51
June 13
52 – 63
June 20
64 – 75
June 27
76 – 87
July 4
88 – 99
July 11

I think Stick is correct on this. My 2007 return was for $1618.00 however I only had 1558.00 deposited in my account. That means the third party Sanata barbara Bank and trust refund took out 29.95.

So this tells me there was a third party involved.

I will call the IRS Monday!!

TNVIPER said:
This is the IRS schedule...Notice it says "transmitted by"....your bank may not post it for another 1-3 days..

Direct Deposit Payments
Your economic stimulus payment deposit should be transmitted to your bank account by:
00 – 20
May 2
21 – 75
May 9
76 – 99
May 16
Paper Check
Your check should be in the mail by:
00 – 09
May 16
10 – 18
May 23
19 – 25
May 30
26 – 38
June 6
39 – 51
June 13
52 – 63
June 20
64 – 75
June 27
76 – 87
July 4
88 – 99
July 11

This may be the issue also!!

I will wait til Monday, if no mula then I will call.

Thanks

Marc T said:
I think Stick is correct on this. My 2007 return was for $1618.00 however I only had 1558.00 deposited in my account. That means the third party Sanata barbara Bank and trust refund took out 29.95.

So this tells me there was a third party involved.

I will call the IRS Monday!!

Like I wrote above that is correct...the 3rd party financial institution is Santa Barbara..refunds only go thru a 3rd party if you are having fees deducted..but this was only for your refund...the rebate will go to your checking account directly from the IRS..

My point was simply this:

1. I used TaxCut to file my federal taxes. I chose the "direct deposit" option and paid about $20 via my credit card. My refund was received within 6 business days. I received my $600 Tax Rebate on May 2nd also directly deposited into my account.

2. A friend used the same program but chose to deduct the e-file $20 fee from his refund instead of using a credit card. By doing this, the refund went through H&R Block before it arrived in his checking account so they could deduct the $20 e-file fee. Now his Tax Rebate check of $600 will be sent via snail mail and he will have to wait several additional weeks since only the direct deposit refunds are being sent at this time.

ohiosrt10 said:
My point was simply this:

1. I used TaxCut to file my federal taxes. I chose the "direct deposit" option and paid about $20 via my credit card. My refund was received within 6 business days. I received my $600 Tax Rebate on May 2nd also directly deposited into my account.

2. A friend used the same program but chose to deduct the e-file $20 fee from his refund instead of using a credit card. By doing this, the refund went through H&R Block before it arrived in his checking account so they could deduct the $20 e-file fee. Now his Tax Rebate check of $600 will be sent via snail mail and he will have to wait several additional weeks since only the direct deposit refunds are being sent at this time.

He should still get his rebate direct deposited...are his last 2 digits in his SSN less than 21?....if not he shouldnt have received the rebate yet...or were lines 74b and 74d filled in...if not he will get a paper check......I am not pulling this info out of a hat...I am a CPA and own a public accounting firm..I deal with the IRS and taxes almost every day of the year..:dontknow:

How about this.....

I filed electronically but got a papercheck for my return. I got a huge return so the IRS wanted to verify I'm sure.
Since I got a papercheck I will get a paper rebate check as well?

It's now later than May 2nd and I filed for my previous refun to be deposited electronically. My last two SSN digits are 04 and I still don't have a damn check . . . !

Maybe I'm not getting one . . . :mad: :eek: :( :thefinger:

Roz-SRT said:
It's now later than May 2nd and I filed for my previous refun to be deposited electronically. My last two SSN digits are 04 and I still don't have a damn check . . . !

Maybe I'm not getting one . . . :mad: :eek: :( :thefinger:

Maybe you make TOO MUCH $$$! The "rich" folks don't get the stimulus... :dontknow: :dontknow:

shade said:
How about this.....

I filed electronically but got a papercheck for my return. I got a huge return so the IRS wanted to verify I'm sure.
Since I got a papercheck I will get a paper rebate check as well?

Filing electronically doesnt mean you automatically get a direct deposit. If you dont mark the box for direct deposit and enter your account's routing # and account # you will get a paper check............the IRS will also issue a paper check if the account numbers are not complete.

Well I havn't gotten my check yet either, did everything I was suppose to and verified it correct!!:dontknow:

HERE IS MY TAKE ON IT!!!

As you may have heard the Bush Administration said each and
every one of us would now get a nice rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to
China. If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Middle East
If we spend it on fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatamala.
If we purchase a good car it will all go to Japan . If we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America , so the only way to
keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes and beer, since
those are the only businesses still in the US .

My name is __________ and I approved this ad...

TNVIPER said:
Filing electronically doesnt mean you automatically get a direct deposit. If you dont mark the box for direct deposit and enter your account's routing # and account # you will get a paper check............the IRS will also issue a paper check if the account numbers are not complete.

I apologize I meant I selected direct deposit but got a paper check back.
Do I still have to wait for god knows when for my CASH!!

I had no taxable income for 2007 because I spent the whole year in Iraq. Will I even get the money???:dontknow:

I had my taxes prepared by H&R block direct deposit and got my check on 4/30.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back