tech specs

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok i'm playing around with a dyno sim and i'm needing some more information
heres my list so far, i tried to search here and google but couldn't find it
intake CC's, intake and exhaust valve size, cam specs and intake flow in CFM some one on here must know:rock:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
intake CC's, intake and exhaust valve size, cam specs and intake flow in CFM some one on here must know:rock:

If the sim is by Challenger Engine Software (Virtual Engine 2000), good luck. I played with it for a couple of hours and even with the correct info (as you are asking above) it spit out an unrealistic horsepower number.
Your results may vary...

ronnie, thats the one i'm playing with:mad: but i'll still play with it for fun sometime next year i'd like to build it shooting for maybe 550rwhp with forged internals and then i'll spray the heck out of it:D

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
ronnie, thats the one i'm playing with:mad: but i'll still play with it for fun sometime next year i'd like to build it shooting for maybe 550rwhp with forged internals and then i'll spray the heck out of it:D

When I put the Strikers on and cam in, the program spit out some really optimistic numbers so I kind of gave up on it...

With the numbers in your sig. (at a sea level track?) you are close to your r.w.h.p. goal already.

Ronnie

Last edited:
track elevation is like 511ft according to the website, i think i MAY be close to 500rwhp last dyno was 486 at the wheels but i've added the headers, catless mids and sct since then

ARRESTmeRed04 said:

Intake cc: (Generation III) is 230 cc.
Intake Size: 2.00 (average)
Exhaust: 1.60 (average)
Cam: 218 ('ish) @ .050...maybe, I forget. .544" with factory rocker ratio.
Intake c.f.m.- 1000 seems to be about right for the sim. Actual, who knows??? It would "eventually" reach 1000 with enough boost ;).
Use the "Dual-Plane" setting; actually it is more like a cross-ram in design.

If you come up with some high numbers like I did, all I can say is: "Dare to Dream", "Dare to Dream" :D

Ronnie

Last edited:
Get Turner's programs on engine design, they even have one for rod angles:rock: See your local Dyno Jet Dealer, they are available from them, very usefully:rock: :D

Thanks for the Pic of Your Stretch Lips Micky:D :D

Last edited:
ronnie any idea on the cam's LSA?? i'm guessing around 110? my hp numbers seem close but torque is way off, still fun to play with though

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
ronnie any idea on the cam's LSA?? i'm guessing around 110? my hp numbers seem close but torque is way off, still fun to play with though

Try a 114 degree Lobe Angle and see how that works. (The program is a little confused).
Besides in a practical application, more overlap and heavy trucks don't play well together at low engine/vehicle speeds.
Can't go too nuts on valve sizes either because there just isn't much room in the chamber; even with the Strikers, which is great as it keeps the velocity up at our dismal elevation.

I have 2.04" Intakes and the valves almost touch.

Last edited:
with the 114 LSA the dyno stops at 4250rpm to get 6000rpm i've got to go down to 107:dontknow: oh i put 36 total timing LSA seems to be to only thing that affects the RPM's any ideas

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
with the 114 LSA the dyno stops at 4250rpm to get 6000rpm i've got to go down to 107:dontknow: oh i put 36 total timing LSA seems to be to only thing that affects the RPM's any ideas

Yes I do have an idea...
Shut off your computer and delete that program (it doesn't work). :)
Buy the Strikers and design yourself a billet roller that produces gobs of torque. Jeff Morys (Striker Designer) will help you out in that department if you like.
Install them, have DC Performance write you a safe tune and have have a blast with your truck. Oh yeah, your mileage will go up if you do it right!
That method chopped an average of 1.25 SECONDS off of my QUAD CAB'S E.T. at 5400 feet! Headed for mid 12s this Friday if it doesn't rain...

Last edited:
lol:D i was thinking more like ported stockers and a cam, maybe roller rockers too and have forged internals(thats the main thing i want)

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
lol:D i was thinking more like ported stockers and a cam, maybe roller rockers too and have forged internals(thats the main thing i want)

I looked at the route but there are significant advantages to the Strikers over the o.e.m. heads that can't be ported or welded into them nor gain the QUALITY airflow numbers they have out of the box. Strikers were designed to circumvent the deficiencies of the stockers. Period. That is why they cost more than porting the o.e.m. heads.
Besides with the offset intake port (straighter shot at the chamber) they come with Jesel Roller Rockers. You have already "saved" some money! ;)

Last edited:
yeah "saved" money and these trucks don't seem to mix:D but i wonder if 600rwhp would be doable with out killing the torque, i really need to go back to the dyno with mine, planning to take a trip to A.R.T. to have them make a tune just to make sure it's safe

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
yeah "saved" money and these trucks don't seem to mix:D but i wonder if 600rwhp would be doable with out killing the torque, i really need to go back to the dyno with mine, planning to take a trip to A.R.T. to have them make a tune just to make sure it's safe

I am at 566 wheel without headers. "Add" the horsepower (30 or 40?) switching from an auto to a manual tranny like you have now, and you are already there.
I am getting 1.8 60s launching a 5600 pounder at 1200 r.p.m. and at 5400 feet. If that isn't torque, I don't know what is. :) :) :)

Rotten (Can you tell I am Pro-Striker?) Ronnie.

Last edited:
sounds awesome, my 1.8's are a 3000ish launch with really short tires, i'm gonna have to look into this, it'll still be next year before i can do anything though which SUCKS, you got any vids or sound clips of your truck?

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
sounds awesome, my 1.8's are a 3000ish launch with really short tires, i'm gonna have to look into this, it'll still be next year before i can do anything though which SUCKS, you got any vids or sound clips of your truck?
I wish I was 400 pounds lighter (like the Reg Cabs).
I have a sound clip. It may be boring to you though (just at idle) as I am not a big "Rev it Up" kinda guy. Someone said a V-10 would NEVER have a lope at idle, so I posted it.
I'll try to find it now.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
idle is what i'd like to hear, they all cound the same to me revving

Agreed.
I found it. Give me a couple of mins and I'll send U the link...
Server Issues...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back