Test drove a 11' GT Premium manual today

chrisheltra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a manual premium gt today and I must say Im really impressed. Ford has come along way since Ive had my 03 gt. It doesn't quite compare to the L in sheer power and acceleration but I think it will be perfect for a performance car that will pull DD duty. It handles very well and the steering feels very light and nimble. I love the trans but getting it into reverse is a little weird. Also according to the invoice the car should get pretty good gas mileage compared to the L.

Troy's QC SRT said:
The 11 is the one with the new 305 right?
No....the new GT has 412 HP with a 6 speed, the 6 cyl Mustang has 305 HP. But if you meant 305 cubic inches, then you are correct...305 Cu. In.

Last edited:
Troy's QC SRT said:
The 11 is the one with the new 305 right?

Yes sir. Its technically a 4,9xx cc motor or 4.9L. But yeah it was the new 415hp 5.0.

SrtBrad said:
There's a lot of hype about this car. How did it handle?

I loved the way it handles reminds me of my truck before I installed the drag suspension but better due to it being a lot lighter. I think with a few mods this thing will handle like a go cart.

My wife has an 07 GT, and damn she loves that car, though she dont like the newer body style as much, so we'll be sellin for an SRT-8 Jeep when the time comes. Mustangs are affordable fun ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back