Thank god for the Hennessey advice

HaulinAsp said:
Dave- Please don't forget the above......:D

I am working on getting an answer to this now. Sorry I don't have the technical knowledge myself.

Dave Golder said:
I am working on getting an answer to this now. Sorry I don't have the technical knowledge myself.
With a broke ass engine, I aint goin no where LOL.

Currently I am on the phone with Chrysler Customer Care. And I am heated, they acknowledge there is a problem here..... No I am trying to get a resolution.....:argh: :argh: :argh:

Please come back with an answer- or even PM me with it:marchmellow:

I always thought and I believe your post said:

I knew of the issues John had years ago but my job is to make sure we have no more issues. You then went on to say that the tech's didn't have JH's interest at heart. Sounds like crap building to me.

I know it's gonna be a real tough task for Dave to correct, but fellas let's not jump all over Dave for the past doings.... Remember Dave was not around when all this was happening to Walt.

Yes, but he was the d**k who was rude when all I did was ask if they fixed quality problems because of all the crap I had heard and read. Look I was just looking to blow some money on a car and I didn't need to be treated like crap because of it. I really would have gone with them had he lead off with his first response to this group, but thats not the response I got.

Seth I have heard if I buy Hennessey parts my car will not run right said:
Seth like I said I am not interested in starting any crap with you. This was your initial e-mail to me. I searched your posts and read your Hennessey isn't good for much which you said you never wrote until I "showed" it to you.

From that email I assume and most other people would also that you had no intentions of buying anything, you were just looking to stir up crap.

If some how that was truly your way of asking for sales information then I apologize 100% and I hope you accept my apology.

I will continue to be guarded when it comes to John Hennessey and his products. I very much appreciate what Dave is doing here. It is the 1st steps on a long road to repairing a very damaged reputation. Although I appreciate the press Hennessey has garnered for the Dodge Viper, there have been many dissatisfied and vocal customers in the past.

Dave, you have a tough job. Let's see you turn that business around!!

seth said:
I always thought and I believe your post said:

I knew of the issues John had years ago but my job is to make sure we have no more issues. You then went on to say that the tech's didn't have JH's interest at heart. Sounds like crap building to me.

That is a lot different than saying every car we turned out was crap before I got here......

Things started turning around long before I got here.....that is why I decided the time was right to come here.

Dave without going into and using the words like C$nt, c3ck, as4, and the number of others some decided to use.
this is jsut a suggestion, he has a REAL bad name here, mainly because of Walt a beloved and respected member:rock:
his dealings with hennessy just really went into the can.
So much to the effect the last time Walt recieved his truck , he never drove it , but sold a $100,000 truck for less than half of what it was worth.

Now i dont know if this could be done, or even should be, but anytype of acknowledging the problems with Walts truck or an open apology from john to Walt would seriously go a long long way to rectifying his standing here.

this group, if ya stay around long enough is a very strong close family, we kinda take care of one another, and when one is hurt or done wrong, we stand as one against the evil;)

Dave--- I really didn't recall ever adding in a post about a JH earlier. When I was a kid growing up poor I used to see him covered all of the time and thought you know when I am wealthy I want one of his cars. Well guess what now I am.

I was asking because of all of the bad stuff I read about him, but thought hey things change. It was a genuine sales request and you clearly didn't feel like doing your job, which is to sell your employers goods.

Having had over 4000 people work for me, I will give you the same bit of advice I give everyone of them. Mistakes happen, people don't remember mistakes, they remember how you fix them.

Seth, maybe we should just let Dave try to make amends...there is value in discussing old issues or semantic differential...I think Dave understands the issues he will have to overcome, and your post has brought him here to make the attempt.

Dave, we are always open to good technical input and for that matter, opinions from technically oriented people. We do all love the Vipers...let's see what you bring to the table over time...I for one hope you are successful in re-establishing the Hennessey name here...it will be a tough row to hoe...but ho'n is alot of what this site is about!

Good Luck!

Prof said:
Seth, maybe we should just let Dave try to make amends...there is value in discussing old issues or semantic differential...I think Dave understands the issues he will have to overcome, and your post has brought him here to make the attempt.

Dave, we are always open to good technical input and for that matter, opinions from technically oriented people. We do all love the Vipers...let's see what you bring to the table over time...I for one hope you are successful in re-establishing the Hennessey name here...it will be a tough row to hoe...but ho'n is alot of what this site is about!

Good Luck!
:congrats: Well said Prof.

It just bothers me that I asked a question to an EBAY auction, not an unsolicited email, but a question on an auction. Then to have him say that things would be different with JH here is just silly.

Here is how his supposed I am changing things response could have gone, and today he would have had a deposit:

" I am sorry that you have gotten a bad impression of Hennessey and our products. I have been brought in to help turn around the company. I have dedicated my life to cars, and to that end have brought in the top mechanics in the industry today. Our business is sound and we would welcome talking to you further to convince you."

Not you are a poser. Personally, Walt's truck didn't color my view because it was before I got my beast a year ago. Reading hundreds and hundreds of complaints and filed lawsuits made me ask the question. Hundred ways that they could have responded (or just not) correctly and gotten another customer.

seth said:
Dave--- I really didn't recall ever adding in a post about a JH earlier. When I was a kid growing up poor I used to see him covered all of the time and thought you know when I am wealthy I want one of his cars. Well guess what now I am.

I was asking because of all of the bad stuff I read about him, but thought hey things change. It was a genuine sales request and you clearly didn't feel like doing your job, which is to sell your employers goods.

Having had over 4000 people work for me, I will give you the same bit of advice I give everyone of them. Mistakes happen, people don't remember mistakes, they remember how you fix them.

Seth,

You posted my response earlier that basically said don't believe everything you hear. Then you responded back with false claims 2 minutes later now saying you have now done all this research in two minutes and then say a lot of false things about HPE , some of which you made up.

So all of that being said.....it is over accept my apology and move on. When you get your Challengers send them to anyone you like, if you truly want information from me I will gladly help, if not I understand and I hope your cars turn out great.

What false claims? How many lawsuits Dave? How many liens Dave? How many court actions Dave? My entire research consisted of two google searches: John Hennessey lawsuit and John Hennessey problems. Boy that sure showed me a lot of problems that made me ask my questions that I hadn't even thought of. Oh and Dave, what false claims have I made in public?

Now lets be very clear what you did, you searched on my email address found postings that I asked some questions to learn about a stereo system that I knew nothing about an decided to call me out because I only wanted to spend 10k?

Your an ass Dave. Now we are done with this noise.

Seth let's be fair here. the poser comment came way after your rude emails. That was not in the response not even close. You sent many derogatory emails after researching my name on Google to comparing my Tony Stewart Home Depot car I got from Gibbs "to Maybe next time you can get Kitt or the A-team truck"

I have asked 4 times now that we let this end.....If you want to air it all.... feel free...but please don't "forget" to include all the emails in order...I really do not want to have to go back and correct them like I have had to correct a lot of your posts.

You do not like me nor do you like JH. Fair enough. I apologized if I did misinterpet your sales email, but again I was not rude in the reply. After your replies is where it started getting out of hand.

Guys I have lots of work to do. Again I apologize if I have offended anyone. I will be back later today, and those that are waiting on PM's I will get to them when I get home.

seth said:
It just bothers me that I asked a question to an EBAY auction, not an unsolicited email, but a question on an auction. Then to have him say that things would be different with JH here is just silly.

Here is how his supposed I am changing things response could have gone, and today he would have had a deposit:

" I am sorry that you have gotten a bad impression of Hennessey and our products. I have been brought in to help turn around the company. I have dedicated my life to cars, and to that end have brought in the top mechanics in the industry today. Our business is sound and we would welcome talking to you further to convince you."

Not you are a poser. Personally, Walt's truck didn't color my view because it was before I got my beast a year ago. Reading hundreds and hundreds of complaints and filed lawsuits made me ask the question. Hundred ways that they could have responded (or just not) correctly and gotten another customer.

seth said:
What false claims? How many lawsuits Dave? How many liens Dave? How many court actions Dave? My entire research consisted of two google searches: John Hennessey lawsuit and John Hennessey problems. Boy that sure showed me a lot of problems that made me ask my questions that I hadn't even thought of. Oh and Dave, what false claims have I made in public?

Now lets be very clear what you did, you searched on my email address found postings that I asked some questions to learn about a stereo system that I knew nothing about an decided to call me out because I only wanted to spend 10k?

Your an ass Dave. Now we are done with this noise.

I believe you said numerous bankruptcy filings?

Were done now. Now lets see if Dave can man up and produce the #3 answer, if yes, then something has changed, if not...

We first discovered the #3 rod bearing problem back in 1998. Dave and I both lost motors in our Viper GTS coupes on back to back weekends doing some high speed testing.

There are a lot of theories on what causes the problem and that is an entire seperate discussion which I dont have time to get into. But you can sum it up by saying that the oiling system on the gen 2 and gen 3 viper motors is not up to the task under certain conditions. The conditions that can kill a viper motor via the number 3 are high g-load and high rpm. Number 3 can let go on both stock and modded motors.

Here is what happens: if the number 3 rod bearing gets oil starved it will get hot and break the rod near the crank. Then it holes the block. Game over.

If you are building a Gen 3 Viper motor then there are some things you can do to help reduce this risk.

John Hennessey said:
We first discovered the #3 rod bearing problem back in 1998. Dave and I both lost motors in our Viper GTS coupes on back to back weekends doing some high speed testing.

There are a lot of theories on what causes the problem and that is an entire seperate discussion which I dont have time to get into. But you can sum it up by saying that the oiling system on the gen 2 and gen 3 viper motors is not up to the task under certain conditions. The conditions that can kill a viper motor via the number 3 are high g-load and high rpm. Number 3 can let go on both stock and modded motors.

Here is what happens: if the number 3 rod bearing gets oil starved it will get hot and break the rod near the crank. Then it holes the block. Game over.

If you are building a Gen 3 Viper motor then there are some things you can do to help reduce this risk.

What are some of the things that you have done to reduce the risk?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back