Thanks Underground Kevin and KC

Thats the problem bro, with the fuel jacked up , it wasnt enough, plus I plan to be over the 1200 mark by fall or winter so might as well take car of it now:D

And from what I understand,(could be wrong) all they do is bandaid the problem by bumping up the voltage to th pump, thus bumping up the pressure, which in turn will burn up the pump quicker in the long run.

From what I saw and observed on other vehichles, YOU need a big ol pump , lines and rails, then you would have no worries at all for the big numbers

Last edited:
Yeah If you wanna address it now, BUT it would work for you now. Why not get it going for now around 850rwhp and then address the Aeromotive fuel pump etc when you bump up the boost and do the heads etc???? Dan at DC says Im good for 1000 with what Ive got.

Blakewilder said:
Yeah If you wanna address it now, BUT it would work for you now. Why not get it going for now around 850rwhp and then address the Aeromotive fuel pump etc when you bump up the boost and do the heads etc???? Dan at DC says Im good for 1000 with what Ive got.

The 255 pump is not near enough fuel! period! He is LOSING FUEL PRESSURE when the boost comes up! The truck is going LEAN! The single 255 pump is good to about 580 or so RWHP. His truck WILL be corrected :star:

Yikes......I guess the application is different. Im supercharged, but now dan is saying Im probably gonna need more fuel too because of the heads and cam. My problem before was we couldnt get the damn thing to get off of 10.0 AF! PIG RICH! Im running the Vortech FMU with the Walbro and 60 lb injectors. If it does the same for me then Ill be going with the aeromotive eliminator pump like Walt's truck.....Dave wants to at least try it the way it is.

On the same pump I was already running 680 rwhp before the heads and all. That was still like 10.9 or so AF. Maybe turbos are different but Ive got the dyno if u need to see it. That pump is in Need4speeds truck from JH and in the TT viper at True right now. In addition to that they are only running 42 lb injectors in that Viper and I saw it pull a 1027RWHP pull MYSELF! I think you have to have the Vortech super FMU with it though.

Blakewilder said:
On the same pump I was already running 680 rwhp before the heads and all. That was still like 10.9 or so AF. Maybe turbos are different but Ive got the dyno if u need to see it. That pump is in Need4speeds truck from JH and in the TT viper at True right now. In addition to that they are only running 42 lb injectors in that Viper and I saw it pull a 1027RWHP pull MYSELF! I think you have to have the Vortech super FMU with it though.

Just because JH or DC uses it does not mean its ok. I know those guys know better then that! They are probably using a booster pump or "twin" 255's. FMU is only a Band-Aid. It is a very cheap way of avoiding a fuel system.

Stinker said:
From what I saw and observed on other vehichles, YOU need a big ol pump , lines and rails, then you would have no worries at all for the big numbers
Ya think?:dontknow: :2in1:

I dont know why they use em, I only know they DO. Maybe its wrong or whatever, The ONLY thing I was responding to was your statement about a single 255 being good for 580rwhp...when Mike is getting 700 on a stock fuel system and Ive personally seen a 1000+ pull with a single 255, maybe its not the best way but it is possible to do it. I personally will be doing the same thing you will be doing to Tony's in the near future.

Let me try to explain why Blake, its well the fmu and others double the voltage to increase pump pressure, sorta.
this is the way I see this

Remember when you was a kid an had those electric cars that ran 4 AA batteries? And you rewired it and put in a 9 volt? Son a bitch would screem for about 10 minutes then burn up.

Well thats how I see the voltage increase in the pumps, it will run great for awhile, but the pump eventually burns out, and I didnt want that happening in 3rd gear under boost, just might not turn out well, and I allready rebuilt one, dont want to do another.

I dont know if its right or not just the way I look at it.

Paxtons system must REALLY SUCK then cuz they DOUBLE the pressure from stock! In boost the fuel pressure is like 100psi I think. I talked to Dave at true today and we are going with the aeromotive eliminator and the areomotive fuel regulator and new fuel rail (manufacturer unknown right now). He figured since it was apart might as well do it now. Is this what u are using T?

Cool, yeah I guess Ill do it now. The rod bearings and main bearings are back from getting coated. Heads, cam, sealed airbox,pulley etc all arrived today.

Stinker, wow its nice to read a post about your truck that has a positive vibe to it!! God bless you bro, you deserve it dude!! When people treat you like that, you just want to spend your money there!!

Looking forward to more posts with that vibe!!

patrick

There are many different thoughts on fuel systems.
My personal theory has always been over engineer and over build the fuel system. This provides a built in safety margin if a component partially fails. Full immediate failure is OK as the motor will simply stop running. That usually does not damage parts. A partial failure where a partial loss of pressure and or volume can spell catastrophic engine failure due to a lean condition. Over engineered and over built, costs more to do, but it is usually very safe and consistant. A marginal fuel fuel system will also cause inconsistant ET's or lap times.

There are many who do not go the same route as I do. Does that make them wrong, not always. There are different thoughts on building anything. I just prefer to do it from a bullet proof safe point. I choose to build a large safety margin into a fuel system, as a failure in it can and does kill motors regurarly. On the Funny car engine we are fighting fuel delivery beacuse we are required to run a "SPEC" output mechanically driven fuel pump. WE have had fuel system failures which lead to lean out and detonation and massive engine failure.

It costs money to go fast, how fast are you willing to spend!!!

well said Jack! And I made my decision after talking with you, its better to spend it now than have a huge bill later, and picking up parts as people thro food at you as you walk along the track!LOLOL

Mine will be a tad overkill by a few hundred hp I'm very sure, but also easily upgradable for future ponies.

Jack is sooooo correct on this, thats why I hammered my good friend Blake, I dont want to see him drop all those stripper dollars into the engine only to have to do it twice:D :D

And Maui you are so correct bro, it was a great feelin to get treated that way, and the vibe was awesome bro! Kevins words were "we'll fix it and make this SOB pound the ground!":D

well said Jack! And I made my decision after talking with you, its better to spend it now than have a huge bill later, and picking up parts as people thro food at you as you walk along the track!LOLOL

Mine will be a tad overkill by a few hundred hp I'm very sure, but also easily upgradable for future ponies.

Jack is sooooo correct on this, thats why I hammered my good friend Blake, I dont want to see him drop all those stripper dollars into the engine only to have to do it twice:D :D

And Maui you are so correct bro, it was a great feelin to get treated that way, and the vibe was awesome bro! Kevins words were "we'll fix it and make this SOB pound the ground!":D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back