The 2nd Fastest 14 Second Truck

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 9 runs. First 5 were in the afternoon with air temps at 93....nasty hot. Truck did not like it at all. Traction was weird....sometimes it would spin, sometimes not. One run in third the truck slid to the right really bad, which freaked me out! :mad: Wind was blowing loads of dust onto the track from the moto park next door. Most runs were 14. to 14.1 Sixty foot 2.2 to 2.3 But my mph was huge 104-107. Three runs I had to completly let off I spun so bad in first and second. I could not leave above 2500 rpms or it would just spin.

After the sun went down I ran 13.8's all with the same sixty foot 2.2-2.3 and mph 107 - 107.7 For such a slow et thats a hellova mph IMO. I would guess all the spinning was giving me the high mph? Experts care to spain it to me?

I really thought the 4.88s would have helped my 60 foot but it didnt. There was definatly lots of driver error in there too!!:D I am not making excuses. My shiftlight was set at 5500......it would be flashing just as I crossed the line, so I never ran out of gear.

With my mods I thought I would have been faster but the power just wouldnt stick with our slippery track. I had to shift into 2nd under 5k rpms or it would just spin like crazy.

Overall I had a great time. I would have liked to run a low 13 or high 12 but that wasnt happening. Nothing broke, the truck got lots of attention and sounded great. My two friends mentioned people really watched when I was at the line.....said the tone was just awesome!!:rock: My friend ended up winning the street class division in his 84 Vette and took home the trophy and a nice check.

I dont plan on getting DR's so dont bother. I plan on getting a mustang with an auto so I can compete. Just running is fun but I want to be able to compete.

So Roy can I join your club of having the second fastest 14 second truck? LOL

patrick

Your 60' was killing you....if you could get down to 2.00 or less you would see high 12s...........so you were in 4th crossing the line?...lf so the DRs would definitely require a shift to 5th..

'Bout time you took that thing to the strip again...;)

107 is decent mph. That truck's got a low 13 in it easy, but not over there in paradise.:p

:marchmellow: :dontknow: u should jus get a hemi and throw a cam in it lol u would run better times :p

.................Damn, I'm sorry

Yeah dont feel bad bro, it's just where you live. If you came here you prolly would of been running low 13's If not of dipped into the high 12's. There is a guy on the jeep forum running high 13's with heads, supercharger and lots of other mods, It's just where he lives.

ViperJeff said:
.................Damn, I'm sorry
:p speachless man wait till it cools off and u get a good DA then u will be running good times like mid 13's

with your mods you should be well into the 12s... get a better track and da etc.. and you should easily brake into the 12s...

I was thinking the same after I seen his mods, location and tracks play a big big part. It was 65 here last night, Truck was running so good :)

Hamrhead said:
'Bout time you took that thing to the strip again...;)

107 is decent mph. That truck's got a low 13 in it easy, but not over there in paradise.:p

Good to see your still around Mike!!

I was thinking low 13's for sure. I was shocked at how slow I was. But.....I had a great time.:burnout:

Yes I was crossing in fourth gear at about 5500 rpms......maybe even a little more as the shiftlight would come on and I was watching for the line and quickly let off and put into neutral. Wind direction was crosstrack at first then shifted more side to downwind.....that had to help me!! LOL

Besides the 17 second Sentra in my last race:eek: :rock: I won most of my races against Mustangs, Camaros and the fast n furious crowd.

Two vistors rented 09 Vettes and entered. They were running low 12's....one got a 12.15!!! Unreal for a stock rental car!!:rock: For their first run down the track one of them did a huge John Force burnout and the crowd went nuts!! Even the track announcer was laughing and called it a J Force burnout......f#cking hilarious!!!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I had 9 runs. First 5 were in the afternoon with air temps at 93....nasty hot. Truck did not like it at all. Traction was weird....sometimes it would spin, sometimes not. One run in third the truck slid to the right really bad, which freaked me out! :mad: Wind was blowing loads of dust onto the track from the moto park next door. Most runs were 14. to 14.1 Sixty foot 2.2 to 2.3 But my mph was huge 104-107. Three runs I had to completly let off I spun so bad in first and second. I could not leave above 2500 rpms or it would just spin.

After the sun went down I ran 13.8's all with the same sixty foot 2.2-2.3 and mph 107 - 107.7 For such a slow et thats a hellova mph IMO. I would guess all the spinning was giving me the high mph? Experts care to spain it to me?

I really thought the 4.88s would have helped my 60 foot but it didnt. There was definatly lots of driver error in there too!!:D I am not making excuses. My shiftlight was set at 5500......it would be flashing just as I crossed the line, so I never ran out of gear.

With my mods I thought I would have been faster but the power just wouldnt stick with our slippery track. I had to shift into 2nd under 5k rpms or it would just spin like crazy.

Overall I had a great time. I would have liked to run a low 13 or high 12 but that wasnt happening. Nothing broke, the truck got lots of attention and sounded great. My two friends mentioned people really watched when I was at the line.....said the tone was just awesome!!:rock: My friend ended up winning the street class division in his 84 Vette and took home the trophy and a nice check.

I dont plan on getting DR's so dont bother. I plan on getting a mustang with an auto so I can compete. Just running is fun but I want to be able to compete.

So Roy can I join your club of having the second fastest 14 second truck? LOL

patrick
What tires are you running whats your elevation? Your truck is a 12 sec truck, No question.

I'll bet you were in a bad DA aswell, definitly allot of e.t. to be made up on the 60ft and shifts with traction.

What side of the island is the dragstrip on? I've never been there.

For 2:00pm yesterday it's showing a DA of 2106 feet. in Kahului.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...set=29.96&rh=53&submitButtonName=Calculate+DA

At that DA a 14.0@107 turns to a [email protected], even with the crappy 60ft.'s you were getting, a better 60ft. in better temps your truck is perfectly capable of running 12's.

BTW 2106 feet all from a track that is only 52 feet above sea level, yeah, fuking rediculous lol.

So good times buddy for that bad of a DA!

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...=14.0&mph=107&correctetmph=Correct+ET+and+MPH

ViperPowa said:
For 2:00pm yesterday it's showing a DA of 2106 feet. in Kahului.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...set=29.96&rh=53&submitButtonName=Calculate+DA

At that DA a 14.0@107 turns to a [email protected], even with the crappy 60ft.'s you were getting, a better 60ft. in better temps your truck is perfectly capable of running 12's.

BTW 2106 feet all from a track that is only 52 feet above sea level, yeah, fuking rediculous lol.

So good times buddy for that bad of a DA!

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...=14.0&mph=107&correctetmph=Correct+ET+and+MPH

Thats very interesting.... I was wondering what the DA was and even asked my friend. He did not know. Track is located in central Maui at Puunene. Its a old WWII airstrip redone for us drag racers. Very cool place. They have been racing there since the 60's!

I am running the stock Pirrellis. Thanks for the props on my truck guys. I feel like its a 12 second truck.....just dont have the slip yet!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Thats very interesting.... I was wondering what the DA was and even asked my friend. He did not know. Track is located in central Maui at Puunene. Its a old WWII airstrip redone for us drag racers. Very cool place. They have been racing there since the 60's!

I am running the stock Pirrellis. Thanks for the props on my truck guys. I feel like its a 12 second truck.....just dont have the slip yet!

patrick
Just get a softer compound street tire and practice :rock:

OSO said:
Just get a softer compound street tire and practice :rock:
so james - what ever became of your signature prediction "2006 Dodge Ram N/A Hemi New GOAL 12.5 N/A FULL STREET TRIM, SEP. 18TH 2009", isn't today the 20th ?:)

moparracing said:
so james - what ever became of your signature prediction "2006 Dodge Ram N/A Hemi New GOAL 12.5 N/A FULL STREET TRIM, SEP. 18TH 2009", isn't today the 20th ?:)

I was under the impression that if you paid for something it would be shipped within a few days:( Four or five weeks later what ever it is now i just received the last of the parts this Sat.:marchmellow:
Big valve heads new cam port matched intake. Fingers crossed i should be able to run this Sunday 27th.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back