The 2nd Fastest 14 Second Truck

kickinassrt-10 said:
What is/are da's?

Density Altitude, basically pressure altitude adjusted for non standard temperature. High temperature and humidity causes reduction in air density, so in those hot and humid conditions the Density Altitude may be significantly higher than the actual elevation/altitude at which your measuring.

Calculating the DA also takes into account the barometric pressure and actual elevation.

So when they are all bad for racing, high temps, high humidity, low barometric pressure, the higher DA will have a significant negative effect on your times you run. The higher the DA the more it will kill your times.

In the opposite, low temps, low humidity, high bar. pressure, you can actually be in a negative DA making your times faster than they would be at sea level +.

So if Patrick made a pass at 14.0@107mph at 2:00pm at his dragstrip which is 52 feet above sea level, the actual DA was 2106 feet above sea level in Kahului. So if you were to take the negative 2106 DA effect on his times away, it would turn that run into a [email protected].

This is just my best guess calculations as the DA was taken from the airport in Kahului and I don't know how far away from the airport his dragstrip is. According to MRP directions it seems real close. Also I don't know what time he made his passes at.

DA can be helpfull comparing times ran from in say, Hawaii, to times ran from where your at.

EDIT: Well dragtimes has thier temps readout for the Maui Raceway Park for sat., and it's the same as the temps at the airport, so the strip is real close, infact they must get thier data from weather underground.

So Pat you can get a real close calc on your runs with the time you made the passes at on the slip.

Last edited:
so all of this talk has me wondering about my times when I ran at palmdale (2800ft). My best time there was a 13.9xx at 104mph...i wasnt very happy with my times either.

Nothing wrong with 14 second passes, nothing wrong with full bodied women...

Welcome Patrick...we will never have to see the BS Flag flown over our track times!:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout:

Prof said:
Nothing wrong with 14 second passes, nothing wrong with full bodied women...

Welcome Patrick...we will never have to see the BS Flag flown over our track times!:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :D :marchmellow:

wheredwhogo? said:
so all of this talk has me wondering about my times when I ran at palmdale (2800ft). My best time there was a 13.9xx at 104mph...i wasnt very happy with my times either.

You can put in the info on the dragtimes site and it will tell you what the DA is. And then you can take the DA and put it into another calculator for a corrected time @ sea level. I am about a second slower than if I was at sea level. I have raced my truck at altitude and at sea level. Those calculations are pretty accurate.
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...set=29.96&rh=53&submitButtonName=Calculate+DA

wyoramsrt-10 said:
You can put in the info on the dragtimes site and it will tell you what the DA is. And then you can take the DA and put it into another calculator for a corrected time @ sea level. I am about a second slower than if I was at sea level. I have raced my truck at altitude and at sea level. Those calculations are pretty accurate.
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...set=29.96&rh=53&submitButtonName=Calculate+DA

thats very helpful WYO! Thanks...thats telling me I ran a high 12...not to shabby for 100% stock..this link should be a sticky or something....

mauiSRT/10 said:
Great info from Kona!! Thanks ViperPowa.

Roy thanks for checking in...... I am proud to have a really fast 14 second truck and say I am in your club!! LOL

patrick

No problem bro:rock:

I'll aggree with Roy too, nothing wrong with a 14 second pass at that DA and 60ft., your truck is definitly capable of 12's Pat.

The dragtimes calculator is the most accurate one I've found so far, also sometimes the time isn't posted on the side of the weather readouts on dragtimes, but you can just get the matching weather readout on weather underground with the time. Another good link to keep handy.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Kauka

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back