The Multifire plug discussion

Well today I drove from Tampa to Kissimmee and back and averaged 10.9 mpg, I'm stoked.lol, used to get 9mpg running 85mph avg (apparently the plugs increase MPG?) 200mile round trip seeing an old mate that is trying to beat the big C. He didn't like the 4" lowering I did, ( he's a red neck lol )I have to put the assist air bags in, now and again she hits the bump stops, not much at all but enough. other than tons of thumbs ups on the highway all good.

thewelshm
You have room to go and gain even better mileage.. Actually my QC on a long haul from a Tampa to SC and then Va. years ago I got I think tops was 15.4 driving trying to squeeze out the best mileage… the base line range avg. is from 13.8 to 14.4 ….
Usually staying under 70 was the best mileage speed range ..
the last time I went to SC .. on the way home I noticed a slight misfire and a ticking noise thinking it was something going bad in the valve train .. it turned out after checking the codes and showing several cylinders saying misfires . Well it actually was a bent plug electrode on the rear passenger cylinder.. I had those plug in for about 2 years and the only problem I did notice was my mileage had dropped after installed to around 12.8 .. ran fine no noises .. no problems until that trip .. I was thinking the worst that the plug had possibly hit the piston … well contacted Stinker about rebuilding and new engines ? Decided to just try a new plug and guess what ,, fixed the mileage and no noises and has been fine for years .. my guess is when I installed the plug I must have bent the electrode slightly and over time it must have worn and bent more due to the combustion pressures ..

For sure if the plugs ever get changed minimum I will do is NGK
What’s the poll on plug choice these days .. I’m still running the champions … is the one plug better than the other ?

Ronnie runs NGK. I don't know why one would be better than the other but in small equipment engines, the preference with the people I know is also NGK -

by reading comparisons i wouldn't know - they both have plusses hahahaha

Last edited:
That’s my guess ,, I’ve really never noticed any real difference between plugs from the set of the pants .. basically I consider them just a different name and a different cost ..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back