The new ride

alexspop said:
I got lucky with this one. The local dealer isn't marking up, but they only last about a day when he gets one. This one was on the lot about 30 minutes before I got it...just before a guy that had gone to check with his wife came back.

Got a call this morning saying a guy backed out on a 1SS Silver with black stripes. Wife is working the deal today. Good dealership and there not marking it up and keeping the sales price as MSRP:rock:

saw a black one yesterday for the first time. a guy here at my office bought a silver RS and a lady up town has a orange one.

srt 10 jimbo said:
Like the looks of the Challenger much better.

I was checking out the Challenger and GT500. Neither would get off of their prices. It's hard to beat 425 horses for under 35k.

alexspop said:
I was checking out the Challenger and GT500. Neither would get off of their prices. It's hard to beat 425 horses for under 35k.
Thats true BUT dodge didnt market their car to gay men :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GADodgetech said:
Thats true BUT dodge didnt market their car to gay men :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah yeah...somebody at work made it a point to send me that link:p

Just read this. Hope yours holds up until the recall comes.

BREAKING: Early Camaro SS manual transmission failures reported, factory hold issued
by Sam Abuelsamid on Jul 13th, 2009 at 7:26PM

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Click above for a high-res image gallery

Sporadic reports have begun popping up in the Camaro5 forums about issues with V8-powered SS models equipped with the manual transmission. It seems that doing a hard launch or using the launch control system occasionally results in a broken output shaft, a serious failure that will most likely leave the car immobile and in need of repair. We spoke with General Motors spokesman Adam Dennison about the problem and, as this is being written, a factory hold has been put on deliveries of manual transmission V8 Camaros while Chevrolet engineering teams investigate the problem.

Based on the reports, the transmission issues may not be related to the launch control system as the failures seem to happen whether or not launch control is engaged. The Camaro SS uses the Tremec 6060 six-speed gearbox – the same transmission fitted to the Dodge Viper, Mustang GT500, Corvette Z06 and other performance cars – so this is likely a manufacturing issue with a batch of gearboxes.

Dennison told Autoblog that an engineering meeting is being held this evening to identify the cause and establish a timing for the fix – and a recall seems likely. In the meantime, if you have a manual model Camaro SS, you might want to go easy on the launches for now – and if you have one ordered, you'll have to wait a bit longer. Thanks to Bailey and Derrick for the tips!

ChrisAZ said:
Just read this. Hope yours holds up until the recall comes.

BREAKING: Early Camaro SS manual transmission failures reported, factory hold issued
by Sam Abuelsamid on Jul 13th, 2009 at 7:26PM

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Click above for a high-res image gallery

Sporadic reports have begun popping up in the Camaro5 forums about issues with V8-powered SS models equipped with the manual transmission. It seems that doing a hard launch or using the launch control system occasionally results in a broken output shaft, a serious failure that will most likely leave the car immobile and in need of repair. We spoke with General Motors spokesman Adam Dennison about the problem and, as this is being written, a factory hold has been put on deliveries of manual transmission V8 Camaros while Chevrolet engineering teams investigate the problem.

Based on the reports, the transmission issues may not be related to the launch control system as the failures seem to happen whether or not launch control is engaged. The Camaro SS uses the Tremec 6060 six-speed gearbox – the same transmission fitted to the Dodge Viper, Mustang GT500, Corvette Z06 and other performance cars – so this is likely a manufacturing issue with a batch of gearboxes.

Dennison told Autoblog that an engineering meeting is being held this evening to identify the cause and establish a timing for the fix – and a recall seems likely. In the meantime, if you have a manual model Camaro SS, you might want to go easy on the launches for now – and if you have one ordered, you'll have to wait a bit longer. Thanks to Bailey and Derrick for the tips!

Thanks, I was reading about this issue last night...something about improper hardening process.

Back