The Official "Overhaulin' Dale (tinygiants)" Thread

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured rather than getting in the way of the fund raising thread (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34133), I'd start a new one to show how we're doing and what we've accomplished as a club.:rock:

Saturday I pressure washed the exterior and started cleaning the engine bay, and gave the truck a thorough bath. The shop it had been at just let it sit outside and rot, so it was badly needed. Nice of them also to toss parts in the bed that Dale recently had re-coated with colored bed liner.

My son and I spent most of the day Sunday building a crate to accommodate Dale's engine, blower and all, and getting the block set in it. Yesterday I spent the afternoon going through all of the parts and pieces, assembling the engine and blower, and wrapping and boxing everything that needed to go with it.

Today I made the run to Tacoma, and dropped it off at a freight shipping terminal. Between doing that and using John Edwards' (JZB Engines) account, we saved a good chunk of change in transportation costs.

With a bit of luck with the parts, and the pledged support from the builder and vendors, I'm hoping we see one of the fastest turnaround times on an engine yet. Our PNW GTG is July 25. ;)

So, a big thank you to everyone who has contributed thus far. This project is off and running!:party:

Last edited:
:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

I love it when a plan comes together:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

In the middle of a gloomy feeling day, this is a very bright spot. Thank you to all.

Yep. A job well begun is a job half way done! (Ok, so that's not entirely accurate...:p )

At the very least, I wanted everyone to know that this wasn't going to be some kind of a "just throw some money at it" project. I am sincerely motivated to get this done, and done well and promptly.

On a side note, it's a damned shame that the same shop that was trying to rip Dale off again THREW AWAY MY ARROW ENGINE CRATE!! That was a sweet crate too.

At least it was nice spending time with my son.;)

Well, off to my first appearance at the local mopar club (decided to take the truck vs. the Charger). Might just have to invite a couple over to the GTG.:D

This is great, Eric - I take back all the bad things I never said about you ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Awesome! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Awsome....:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Stefan...

:congrats: :congrats: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: Effing bad ass!!!

I just got a call from Eric. John Edwards (Donating time and talents) will be installing the heads on the engine tonight, and he is requesting that the plug wires be sent so that the intake can be installed. We are hopeful that the engine dyno schedule at Arrow (Donating time and machining) will allow for a quick turn around of the engine from this point.

I just want to take a moment to again thank all involved for the helping hand that has been extended to me.

Awesome!! Eric you and Dale are building one gorgeous vehicle and I for one can't wait to see it finished! On a side note in case your interested they are having a Mopar get together at the XXX Restaurant in Issaquah on the 20th. Spose to be huge!!!!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back