The official Southern Truck Shootout website is live.

Hope to see you all there.

As for you running in an event for the first time, you'll have no problems. Come up on Friday and run in the test and tune the night before to get your bearings straight. You'll be cuting lights before the end of the event.

Now, for those of you that have never ran down a track, I'll let you in on a little secret. SGMP is in the process of getting an actual street light that will function with the CompuLink timing/starting system they have in place. Hopefully, it will be operational by the time of the race. If it is not, I will hold a poll on the race's website to decide the method of start for the "grudge" classes. If you're not on the site yet, c'mon over and get signed up on the forums. This is the best place to get updates and info. Plus, you can talk a little trash with other truck racers that are going to be at the event.

I'm posting up the official flyer in another thread. Check it out and lmk what you think!

Jason

Was just there for Pony Wars. The track rocks and the weather should be great.

They were prepping the 60 ft about every 30 minutes.

See you guys there.

This year plans are to stay in town within walking distance to some place that has a bar.
Gonna try to get Torrie ( unleashed ) out again if anyone needs tuning.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Lt Colonel Chris “Jag” Dunlap[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Director of Operations, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]116[/FONT][FONT=&quot]th[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]OSS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Requests the honor of your presence[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At a retirement ceremony honoring[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lt Colonel DP “Gargoyle” Wilson [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chief of Staff, 116[/FONT][FONT=&quot]th[/FONT][FONT=&quot] OSS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday, the eighteenth [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]November[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two-thousand [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Eleven[/FONT], [FONT=&quot]at Ten [/FONT][FONT=&quot]O’clock[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scott Theater , Museum of Aviation[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warner Robins, Georgia[/FONT]

If you guys drive past ext 144 or 146 on the way down to Valdosta on Friday, my retirement is at 10 am, at the Museum of Aviaion.

BTW, I have posted a poll on the STS site to decide the method of start for the slower heads-up classes. The fast class will start on a .400 pro tree.

Do you have a schedule for events going on on each day?

The info is scattered about the web but, you can go to the official event website and find all you need to know. The basics are as follows.

Friday, Nov. 18; All welcome test and tune. Gates open around 5 or 6 pm. (I'm awaiting confirmation on that.) There will likely be a little pre race party at the track or one of the hotels.

Saturday, Nov. 19; Race day. All truck drag racing. Gates open at 9am.

stsweb.jpg

Some more details.

Anyone wanting to stay with thier trailers at the track Friday night will be more than welcome to do so.

Test and Tune for Friday, Nov. 18 will be from 6:00pm until 10:00pm. After Test and tune, there will be a little pre-party hosted by SGMP for us. That will run about an hour or so and will be a sort of meet and greet for the racers.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Awesome news about the T&T!!!!

Gonna try to get there early. Just finished the motor swap in the HD last night.

Just got word there will be a full weight, SRT10 running 9's at STS. Fresh build and I'm not sure if he's a member here. Was told he wasn't on here though.

Don't mention Dakota here, that starts a whole new fight,lol. I have a 04 R/T I'm installing a 6.1 into, should be 11's with spray.

Tomorrow is the day!!! Hope to see you all out there. I will be there in my 03 Two Tone Harley Truck. I was there last year.

I will be there on sat. Will have an SCT Tuner and some Rear rotors for sale if any body wants to buy them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back