The stealership experiences

Wifey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good grief! I take my vehicle to the dealership i got it from for its services just because I feel like it is in my best Interest incase of any warranty issues.

i know it's not necessary it's just what I do. BUT, one must beware of all service managers whether dealership or otherwise unless you know and trust them

me: just here for my oil change and inspection. Don't need my tires rotated they only have 1200 miles on them.

service manager: oh well you need an alignment that's why you had to get new tires at 17k miles.

me: no, i don't need an alignment

him: yes you do that's why the tires wore out the roads here suck,

me: I didn't need tires because of any road condition damage or tread wear they still had over 7/32 all the way around

him: oh well you decide I'm just letting you know it's recommended

me: Where is this recommended it's not in the maintenance schedule anywhere! And I needed replacements because the Michelin Primacy that came on it has new and improved rubber compound that lead to early sidewall cracks it's a common issue with this tire.

him: any professional tire place will tell you the same thing.

Me: weird, Americas tire didn't mention a word of that to me when they sold me the Replacement tires and let me know why the cracking occurred.

him with more attitude: you decide then I'm just letting you know

me: thank you for that. I don't need an alignment - last time I went with this kind of advice Cost me 300 dollars for service that was not necessary nor was it even in the maintenance schedule anywhere.

.... and if the cabin air filter needs changed this time let me know but don't do it, I have one in the car and will do it myself thank you.

How do they do this stuff with a good conscience?

They didn't get me for anything over and above the oil change. Plus I got a 10% discount - gotta ask for everything :D

Good grief! I take my vehicle to the dealership i got it from for its services just because I feel like it is in my best Interest incase of any warranty issues.

i know it's not necessary it's just what I do. BUT, one must beware of all service managers whether dealership or otherwise unless you know and trust them

me: just here for my oil change and inspection. Don't need my tires rotated they only have 1200 miles on them.

service manager: oh well you need an alignment that's why you had to get new tires at 17k miles.

me: no, i don't need an alignment

him: yes you do that's why the tires wore out the roads here suck,

me: I didn't need tires because of any road condition damage or tread wear they still had over 7/32 all the way around

him: oh well you decide I'm just letting you know it's recommended

me: Where is this recommended it's not in the maintenance schedule anywhere! And I needed replacements because the Michelin Primacy that came on it has new and improved rubber compound that lead to early sidewall cracks it's a common issue with this tire.

him: any professional tire place will tell you the same thing.

Me: weird, Americas tire didn't mention a word of that to me when they sold me the Replacement tires and let me know why the cracking occurred.

him with more attitude: you decide then I'm just letting you know

me: thank you for that. I don't need an alignment - last time I went with this kind of advice Cost me 300 dollars for service that was not necessary nor was it even in the maintenance schedule anywhere.

.... and if the cabin air filter needs changed this time let me know but don't do it, I have one in the car and will do it myself thank you.

How do they do this stuff with a good conscience?
Their know for taking advantage of woman … Sounds to me you shut this guy down . Good for you ! If I went to a dealer and dropped my vehicle off for an oil change and they decided without informing me of anything else when I went back to pick up the vehicle they would get a ear full and zi wouldn’t pay them . I know they do that crap to people all the time and people just accept it .. it’s actually against the law !

Their know for taking advantage of woman … Sounds to me you shut this guy down . Good for you ! If I went to a dealer and dropped my vehicle off for an oil change and they decided without informing me of anything else when I went back to pick up the vehicle they would get a ear full and zi wouldn’t pay them . I know they do that crap to people all the time and people just accept it .. it’s actually against the law !
I'm usually that nervous mom hanging out in front of any place I can to watch them the whole time! Hahahaha

to bad! They change line mechanics like most people change their undies!
That is unless one goes commando :eek:

I asked how my battery was holding up and the guy said oh we don't check that unless we're asked to but they're usually good for 36 months. I'm a tad over 36 months and this is an inspection lol

If you're not having any slow starts or anything it's fine.

Oh okay i guess an alignment would make him more commission than a battery! Hahahaha

I asked how my battery was holding up and the guy said oh we don't check that unless we're asked to but they're usually good for 36 months. I'm a tad over 36 months and this is an inspection lol

If you're not having any slow starts or anything it's fine.

Oh okay i guess an alignment would make him more commission than a battery! Hahahaha
You should have reeeeeemed him a new one .. that guy should be sent to clean toilets

You should have reeeeeemed him a new one .. that guy should be sent to clean toilets
He looks like he needs to retire!

strained fake smile, obviously overworked and doesn't try to hide it, totally annoying. I run into that a lot these days. People seem stressed

He looks like he needs to retire!

strained fake smile, obviously overworked and doesn't try to hide it, totally annoying. I run into that a lot these days. People seem stressed
He should be put out to pasture then !

He should be put out to pasture then !
I agree there's nothing worse than dealing with some jerk that's burned out and can't stand being there. It doesn't make for good customer service and I try to always be a good customer

customer is always right!! Hahahaha:rolleyes:

I agree there's nothing worse than dealing with some jerk that's burned out and can't stand being there. It doesn't make for good customer service and I try to always be a good customer

customer is always right!! Hahahaha:rolleyes:
The customer is always right even when there wrong

It's why Jeffey changed his title lol lol

Yah these days definitely!!
These days as the left claims , they all want to be the opposite of what they genetically are hahaha … I call the the Borg collective after the Star Trek movie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back