The World is having a Meltdown...

Lots of people in survival mode.
I know quite a few that have already burned through their savings and investments to keep themselves and others going.

In a hundred years, none of this will matter.:p

Unfortunately, I haven't come across anyone that can do a dang thing about it.
We have done ok here in NZ I am wondering if our mandatory vaccination programs since the 1950's has something to do with it. 4 dead youngest in 70's
only have 14 or so in hospital out of the 1300 positive.
Going by global percentages we should have 95 dead for the amount of cases and recoveries
Maybe our diet although most of us need to go one hahaha
Must have a strong immune system toward these kinds of viruses. UK is bad, US bad, Spain bad, Italy bad. So why not here. Seems to be a link to The Depression, WW2. After that our govt went crazy on child health we had free vaccinations for everything and free milk at school etc. Maybe it's paying off

I'm assuming once the all clear is sounded (it would be interesting to know specifically what is going to trigger that), people are going to be a little more than anxious to get back to their normal.

I'm assuming once the all clear is sounded (it would be interesting to know specifically what is going to trigger that), people are going to be a little more than anxious to get back to their normal.
I agree. They will want the govt to do something about it. It is up to all of us to work and spend on local made, not imported rubbish.
Use the local hairdresser, garage, parts place, you name it. Spread the money around get everyone back to work, help our local businesses.
Just like on Sesame St. Who are the people in ya neighborhood, the people that you meet each day.
And no I'm not smokin' anything

I don't believe you are smokin'.

All these current events are similar to war (without all the noise): Putting a strain on the hospitals and health-care workers, police, fire departments, ambulances, creating food and goods shortages, keeping people away from work, pushing communication (cell and Internet) to the MAX (and Netflix???), restricting gatherings, erecting temporary "shelters", closing businesses, schools, etc.

Then there are the Government handouts, unprecedented provincial and federal rules and regulations, general fear/uncertainties, fines for non-compliance, etc.

And: Although the Internet is available to a very large number of people, it is ripe with misinformation which some will buy-into, creating further unrest.

"Stats"... Whether it's horsepower or reported Covid-19 deaths, stats are often twisted and bent for all kinds of nefarious purposes.

"Gee, I'm really glad I read this Ronnie, you are truly a ray of sunshine!"

Trying to control things not in your control is one definition of stress.

I don't believe you are smokin'.

All these current events are similar to war (without all the noise): Putting a strain on the hospitals and health-care workers, police, fire departments, ambulances, creating food and goods shortages, keeping people away from work, pushing communication (cell and Internet) to the MAX (and Netflix???), restricting gatherings, erecting temporary "shelters", closing businesses, schools, etc.

Then there are the Government handouts, unprecedented provincial and federal rules and regulations, general fear/uncertainties, fines for non-compliance, etc.

And: Although the Internet is available to a very large number of people, it is ripe with misinformation which some will buy-into, creating further unrest.

"Stats"... Whether it's horsepower or reported Covid-19 deaths, stats are often twisted and bent for all kinds of nefarious purposes.

"Gee, I'm really glad I read this Ronnie, you are truly a ray of sunshine!"

Trying to control things not in your control is one definition of stress.
Hey can I have a shower yet? Or are we still just washing hands lol

Breaking news NZ staying at Level 4 lockdown for another week. Then level 3 will commence for at least 2 weeks where businesses without face to face contact will resume only. Still stay at home and no cafes restaurants bars etc. That will destroy most of them. All this for 12 rest home deaths of very old ill people. 1400 cases 974 recovered only 14 in hospital.
We have very few people with anymore than mild to moderate flu like symptoms. Talk about sledgehammer to kill a flea. Meanwhile in our total lockdown at least 9 people have died on the roads!
Go figure!
This will be back to a 1930's depression for us
God Defend New Zealand...hang on that would make a good national anthem....what do you mean it is.....really...is it, how about that, must have been here before.

Latest Stats from NZ 1440 cases 14 in hospital 974 recovered 12 dead So mortality rate 0.8% global rate 7% Why are we so low?
Hospital rate 0.1% no flooding of medical services, no inundation of hospitals, no emergency hospitals in car parks or sport stadiums needed with only 3 ventilators being used
My personal belief is we have had blanket child health since end of WW2 and mass vaccination programs and good old meat and 3 veg fresh food diet makes NZ full of very healthy people.
Only people to have died here are in excess of 70. They grew up in the depression and WW2 with poor diet and no immunisation. Most of our deaths are from 2 rest homes.
NZ is now broke and falling into the abyss our economy destroyed by a knee jerk reaction from a young naive inexperienced govt. The cost for generations to come will pay for.
I can the truck going into hibernation for a long time. Time will tell. I am fortunate I have a job, my wife's job hangs in the balance. Some treasury predictions say 650,000 unemployed
next year:( What a mess

Mortality Rates
US 5%
Italy 13%
Spain 10%
France 17.5%
UK 13.3%
The Spanish flu of 1918 H1N1 10% mortality globally. It took the young and old
WW1 returning home soldiers etc. It took healthy people too.
So Sad. We have ANZAC day here on 25th April to commemorate our fallen soldiers from wars.
I will be also paying respects to those who have perished from this disease.
A drink and a minute silence "Lest we forget"

Last edited:
Latest Stats from NZ 1440 cases 14 in hospital 974 recovered 12 dead So mortality rate 0.8% global rate 7% Why are we so low?
Hospital rate 0.1% no flooding of medical services, no inundation of hospitals, no emergency hospitals in car parks or sport stadiums needed with only 3 ventilators being used
My personal belief is we have had blanket child health since end of WW2 and mass vaccination programs and good old meat and 3 veg fresh food diet makes NZ full of very healthy people.
Only people to have died here are in excess of 70. They grew up in the depression and WW2 with poor diet and no immunisation. Most of our deaths are from 2 rest homes.
NZ is now broke and falling into the abyss our economy destroyed by a knee jerk reaction from a young naive inexperienced govt. The cost for generations to come will pay for.
I can the truck going into hibernation for a long time. Time will tell. I am fortunate I have a job, my wife's job hangs in the balance. Some treasury predictions say 650,000 unemployed
next year:( What a mess

Mortality Rates
US 5%
Italy 13%
Spain 10%
France 17.5%
UK 13.3%
The Spanish flu of 1918 H1N1 10% mortality globally. It took the young and old
WW1 returning home soldiers etc. It took healthy people too.
So Sad. We have ANZAC day here on 25th April to commemorate our fallen soldiers from wars.
I will be also paying respects to those who have perished from this disease.
A drink and a minute silence "Lest we forget"
So, my building where I work, had a person test positive. I've been out of work since 4/9, and finally able to come back today. Hang in there, it's not over yet.

So, my building where I work, had a person test positive. I've been out of work since 4/9, and finally able to come back today. Hang in there, it's not over yet.
Question, what sort of vaccinations do you get in USA?
Are they free?
I found a list of what we got vaccinated for while growing up
  • chickenpox (varicella)
  • diphtheria
  • hepatitis B
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
  • measles
  • mumps
  • pneumococcal disease
  • polio
  • rotavirus
  • rubella
  • tetanus
  • whooping cough (also known as pertussis)
  • human papillomavirus (HPV)
  • TB

Question, what sort of vaccinations do you get in USA?
Are they free?
I found a list of what we got vaccinated for while growing up
  • chickenpox (varicella)
  • diphtheria
  • hepatitis B
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
  • measles
  • mumps
  • pneumococcal disease
  • polio
  • rotavirus
  • rubella
  • tetanus
  • whooping cough (also known as pertussis)
  • human papillomavirus (HPV)
  • TB
Well, Uncle Sam gave them to me free when I went in the Navy. Haven't had a single shot since then. Not sure what's free and what isn't. I think the flu shots are free, but don't quote me on it.

Well, Uncle Sam gave them to me free when I went in the Navy. Haven't had a single shot since then. Not sure what's free and what isn't. I think the flu shots are free, but don't quote me on it.
That's cool. So you learnt aircraft stuff in the navy???
That makes sense.....it just sounds funny. I know that aircraft and naval air stations etc are over there.
Used to deliver Mexican food from Dinuba CA to Naval Air station Jacksonville FL
In NZ if you are in the Navy you might get on a coastal patrol boat or row a dinghy lol

That's cool. So you learnt aircraft stuff in the navy???
That makes sense.....it just sounds funny. I know that aircraft and naval air stations etc are over there.
Used to deliver Mexican food from Dinuba CA to Naval Air station Jacksonville FL
In NZ if you are in the Navy you might get on a coastal patrol boat or row a dinghy lol
NAS JAX is where I was stationed, actually. Helicopter Squadron HS-7 Dusty Dogs. Whenever CV-67 fired up her boilers, we would go to Virginia and board the boat. In the four years that I was in, I saw 23 months of open water.

NAS JAX is where I was stationed, actually. Helicopter Squadron HS-7 Dusty Dogs. Whenever CV-67 fired up her boilers, we would go to Virginia and board the boat. In the four years that I was in, I saw 23 months of open water.
How cool is that and I have been there. So if you had Burritos or anything Mexican to eat there in summer 2005 I delivered it in a big red Freightliner for Pullen Bros

How cool is that and I have been there. So if you had Burritos or anything Mexican to eat there in summer 2005 I delivered it in a big red Freightliner for Pullen Bros
Why did you leave the States?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back