Thinking about selling my MG, Quad cab. Thoughts on the market?

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I originally bought the truck to haul around my track bike and it looks like im changing gears, selling the track bike and picking up a bike for the back roads. I now have no need for the truck and haven't hardly driven it at all.

That being said... I've been looking at the market... Cars.com, Autotrader, ebay... Etc. Looks like they're being priced pretty well..Comparable trucks are being listed around 27-28k. Thoughts?

06' MG Quad cab, 65k Miles
Loaded with all options
Power automatic running boards
All documents and service record. Truck has had extensive service at the dealer and LOTS of good warranty work. Have all documents including the original window sticker.
Brand new BFG KDW's

The truck is pretty clean. Someone that had it before me must have hit something with the front bumper and it was pretty cheaply fixed so im going to likely have it fixed and repainted along wit the tailgate. Truck should be pretty par for excellent condition minus some wear on the front seats.

65k miles for $29k
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10, $28,888 - Cars.com

50k miles for $28k
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10, $28,301 - Cars.com

70k miles for $28k
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10, $27,995 - Cars.com

68k Miles for $28k
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10, $27,888 - Cars.com

these are all of the current comps. I thought they were listed a little high but this is everything that's for sale in the country in 06' and a Quad cab.

1. Those are trucks that are still for sale, walk in with 25k and I'd bet you could buy any of them. 2. They're at dealerships, private sales don't get as much. 3. I wouldn't waste the money to fix the bumper sell it as is.

1. Those are trucks that are still for sale, walk in with 25k and I'd bet you could buy any of them. 2. They're at dealerships, private sales don't get as much. 3. I wouldn't waste the money to fix the bumper sell it as is.

1. The mineral's werent there 30 days ago because thats when I was buying mine and you wouldnt walk in the with a check and get that deal. I hada tough time getting dealers to wiggle do to the rarity of the trucks. They don't price battle because someone is selling one 700 miles away from 3k less. I buy and sell a lot of vehicles.

2. I'm aware of this... Your replies almost seem as if you're trying to tell me my truck isn't worth something. However, I haven't said what I think it is worth or what I could get...

3. I'll pay for a case of beer and maybe a bottle of Jack to get the truck touched up.

Justin is not trying to tell you anything except what the realistic price range for a truck like yours. Sure some people get lucky and get higher sale prices and some have had their truck for sale for over a year with no takers. 15k - 23k is a realistic range for our trucks at this point.

That being said... I've been looking at the market... Cars.com, Autotrader, ebay... Etc. Looks like they're being priced pretty well..Comparable trucks are being listed around 27-28k. Thoughts?.

1. The mineral's werent there 30 days ago because thats when I was buying mine and you wouldnt walk in the with a check and get that deal. I hada tough time getting dealers to wiggle do to the rarity of the trucks. They don't price battle because someone is selling one 700 miles away from 3k less. I buy and sell a lot of vehicles.

2. I'm aware of this... Your replies almost seem as if you're trying to tell me my truck isn't worth something. However, I haven't said what I think it is worth or what I could get...

3. I'll pay for a case of beer and maybe a bottle of Jack to get the truck touched up.

You posted on February 1st that you picked up this truck, so maybe they were there 30 days ago? You've had the truck for closer to 70days. In your first post you said comparable trucks 27-28k blah blah, told you with the issues you listed it'd be around 22-23. If you can get the paint fixed for that well enough for it not to be noticed then maybe it'll be worth it.

I think you will be lucky to get 22-23 for it. Good luck. I hope you get exactly what you want though!

The only reason these truck sell so cheap is because owner sell CHEAP! Hold your price for as long as you can! it is the only way to get them priced correctly.

The only reason these truck sell so cheap is because owner sell CHEAP! Hold your price for as long as you can! it is the only way to get them priced correctly.

:Dsheeeeeeee-at.. The price could rise and fall but I'm never selling mine. Been the original owner of my.... '04 uuh..BS ..RC (that right??? bright silver?) and it will stay that way.

Hey Carl. I learnt something new too bud. I guess yours is a :dontknow:BR RC? (bright red)

hey Anthony.:rock:

lol, yep me to. was gonin to run my mouth & say they idn't make a mega cab Viper Truck.

the MC was the only thing i could come up with.:(

That being said... I've been looking at the market... Cars.com, Autotrader, ebay... Etc. Looks like they're being priced pretty well..Comparable trucks are being listed around 27-28k. Thoughts?
First you ask for feedback.

High mileage, fucked up front bumper, and wear on the seats you'll be lucky to get 22-23
Next you received honest feedback.

I think you will be lucky to get 22-23 for it. Good luck. I hope you get exactly what you want though!
Other people gave more honest feedback.

Then you try to tell us how much smarter you are and how the feedback you received was incorrect.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, WADR.

There does seem to be alot more negative feedback on this forum than ever before! not much sense posting here............. :p there used to be a fine group of people doing alot of learning but now there are a few that seem to know it all and they are the most vocal.

I say hold your price. You will prolly never sall it at that price but if we all hold out then they might be worth more than an srt4 again one day.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

There does seem to be alot more negative feedback on this forum than ever before! not much sense posting here............. :p there used to be a fine group of people doing alot of learning but now there are a few that seem to know it all and they are the most vocal.

Lots of mature people here. Some clowns on the internet don't bother me so don't worry too much. It only ends up affecting the entire community at the end of the day (one i wont be apart of).

To everyone else... Where was it that I posted what I was selling it for and what I thought I should get... I said that's what they were being posted for.. Even if I sold mine for $22k I would make a pretty good profit on it.

This is a discussion board correct? So if I asked a question, or gave a link to places suggesting asking prices.. I am now butthurt? Wow. Awesome.

enjoy folks and honestly... Good luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back