thinking of installing electric fan kit. but i have ?'s

perk_1405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im planning on installing a dual electric fan kit and removing the stock hydro. crap. but do i need to plug the fittings in the pump or put a jumper line between them so the fluid has a path to circulate as if the fan was still there?

also would it throw any codes, with the stock setup not being there?

The fan is inline between the pump and your steering rack, so you'll need a hose.

On the codes question, I'm not sure if there is "feedback" to the PCM or not. You may be able to tell by looking up the pinouts to the electrical connector on the fan assy and see if there is a tach-type function headed out.

I am planning to do this too please let me know what you all find out, i have replaced way to mant hoses and been left waiting for a tow truck due to these f.c.ing hoses!!!:mad:

scottstoy said:
I am planning to do this too please let me know what you all find out, i have replaced way to mant hoses and been left waiting for a tow truck due to these f.c.ing hoses!!!:mad:
will do. we are looking at the diesel set up be cool has with the aluminum fan shroud. if it will fit it will look bad ass. anything will look better than the rats nest set up thats on there now.

i agree, i don't care what it looks like though, i;m just tired of oil all over my drivway and friends driveway and working on the powersteering hoses.:(

scottstoy said:
i agree, i don't care what it looks like though, i;m just tired of oil all over my drivway and friends driveway and working on the powersteering hoses.:(
i hear ya. you ought to see all of the oil on the engine in my 85 thousand mile truck. me and stinker were laughing about it the weekend when he was down here. he is hoping to offer a kit on this when we get it figured out.

That will be fantastic!! I definantly want one of those, I may hold off on getting the oil lines till that comes out..:rock:

perk_1405 said:
Is there a projected date yet, I'm looking to do this as soon as possible.
no pm him and get him off his ass. we were planning on unvieling it on my truck but you might can get him to speed it up

I'll take the measurements off my radiator since its out today and see if they match like they should and see.
the hose is no problem, all yoou need is one from the pump down to the steering rack, bypassing the fan, and i am not 100% sure, but dont thinkk it will throw a code.

The hydraulic fan will NOT throw a code. Just do as Stinker is and bypass straight to the pump. I was looking at doing this myself with some high quality hoses by a local company that makes our hydraulic hoses for our lifts.

JMB Justin said:
Ive had a kit for this for about a year now, its not cheap but its proven, plug and play, and uses an enormous fan. Its listed in my blower section:

http://jmbperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=66_113_147&products_id=309

The only thing I dont have included is the hydraulic line which Stinker can provide, or I can modify yours for no charge.

Justin

This is an excellent kit, I can tell you. It works extremely well, and was very easy to install.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back