thinking of installing electric fan kit. but i have ?'s

Is there a cheaper way, like just a good fan, the hose, and the fan controled by the thermastat that you stick into the radiator?:(

eddie102870 said:
will do. we are looking at the diesel set up be cool has with the aluminum fan shroud. if it will fit it will look bad ass. anything will look better than the rats nest set up thats on there now.

Did you ever figure out if this set-up would fit? After I noticed my fan leaking, I did some research and noticed Flex-A-Lite has a dual fan setup for the diesel...couldn't get any really good dimensions on it tho.

HousTEN said:
From what I can tell, that fan only moves around ~2400 CFM. The Flex-A-Lite setup for the diesel moves ~5500 CFM. I'd feel much more comfortable with 5500 CFM sitting in Houston traffic in the summertime, improved A/C performance nonwithstanding. The Flex-A-Lite setup also costs less.

Its WAY more than 2400cfm, its an OEM fan for a viper engine application. Dont be fooled by way inflated CFM #'s that the cheaper fan companies throw out there. There are definitely some good aftermarket fans out there, but you get what you pay for (just like any other after market auto parts).
Justin

JMB Justin said:
Ive had a kit for this for about a year now, its not cheap but its proven, plug and play, and uses an enormous fan. Its listed in my blower section:

http://jmbperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=66_113_147&products_id=309

The only thing I dont have included is the hydraulic line which Stinker can provide, or I can modify yours for no charge.

Justin

I like how Justin and Stinker work together on this forum.

Like Ren and Stimpy or Pinky and the Brain.........:D

JMB Justin said:
Its WAY more than 2400cfm, its an OEM fan for a viper engine application.

You sure about that? The Mopar Performance catalog shows 2370 CFM. See attached image.

If Chrysler already had the fan you're selling lying around when they built these trucks, why did they choose to implement a costly, one-off, difficult to assemble hydraulic setup instead?

Dont be fooled by way inflated CFM #'s that the cheaper fan companies throw out there. There are definitely some good aftermarket fans out there, but you get what you pay for (just like any other after market auto parts).
Justin

Looking at specs on similar fans from other manufacturers, 5500 cfm may be slightly inflated, but not by much.

I would much rather have dual 16" Spal fans in a nice shroud, but that doesn't appear to be an option unless I go the build-it-myself route.

Attachments

• FanSpecs.jpg
    FanSpecs.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 37
HousTEN said:
You sure about that? The Mopar Performance catalog shows 2370 CFM. See attached image.

If Chrysler already had the fan you're selling lying around when they built these trucks, why did they choose to implement a costly, one-off, difficult to assemble hydraulic setup instead?

Who knows, they did the same thing with the viper cars as well, the 08-10's however went back to an electric fan setup (with an engine that makes more power) that uses two ~13" fans with less total amp draw than this big single fan.

This is the only standalone fan system that has proven itself on these trucks. I think a dual 16" Spal setup would work great as well, but youll spend similar money to do the entire kit if you can even fit it in there (custom aluminum shroud, powdercoated, stainless hardware, custom ram srt-10 specific harness, fittings, thermostat and relay, etc.).

Justin

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back