Thinking of moving to Florida, good spots??

scottstoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm toying with idea of moving to Forida anyone know of or recomend any nice spots, not too expensive to buy a house and near beach, small comunities and hospitals for jobs, prefered also ,,, thanks!!:)

fort walton beach, its in the panhandle not too humid compared to down south, rents not super high, and its on 15 minutes from the ocean

ViperPunk said:
fort walton beach, its in the panhandle not too humid compared to down south, rents not super high, and its on 15 minutes from the ocean

Best fishing, and best beaches in the entire country.

Not a lot of jobs in Pensacola, FL. But we have some of the nicest beaches you will find.

Niceville is a great place to live, where I'm from. Right next to the beach and Destin where there are jobs available. Small down to earth southern people. Great place to live.

the whole panhandle is nice. Good drag racing seen here to. alot of 8th mile tracks, and a 1/4 mile in mobile.

Hollywood or Hallendale Fl....very nice communities and many local hospitals and health clinics like memorial hosp.
Great beachesn great fishing great people, great weather and you are directly in between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale...the 2 greatest happening spots in Florida
and wehrever you choose you are no more than 10 min from the beach and intracostal access everywhere

kickinassrt-10 said:
Hollywood or Hallendale Fl....very nice communities and many local hospitals and health clinics like memorial hosp.
Great beachesn great fishing great people, great weather and you are directly in between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale...the 2 greatest happening spots in Florida
and wehrever you choose you are no more than 10 min from the beach and intracostal access everywhere
You forgot to mention the crowds. Lots and lots of people in that area. And when the snow birds come down that doubles. Don't know what kind of population density your use to but West Palm all the way down to Miami is packed. West coast is a little better but it is growing exponentially.

SilvrSRT10 said:
You forgot to mention the crowds. Lots and lots of people in that area. And when the snow birds come down that doubles. Don't know what kind of population density your use to but West Palm all the way down to Miami is packed. West coast is a little better but it is growing exponentially.
Yea it's really not too bad at all it's such a wide area I'm never really pressed for space even when the snowbirds are here....besides the snowbirds come this way for a reason;) because it has to be some of the most beautiful places to live in Fl....I've been all over florida and to me most places seem isolated/real rural or like "you're not really in Fl"

kickinassrt-10 said:
Yea it's really not too bad at all it's such a wide area I'm never really pressed for space even when the snowbirds are here....besides the snowbirds come this way for a reason;) because it has to be some of the most beautiful places to live in Fl....I've been all over florida and to me most places seem isolated/real rural or like "you're not really in Fl"
I use to live in Boca and then Boynton Beach. I'd say anything East of 95 is packed. Between 95 and turnpike (maybe 441 now) is so-so. To feel like you have room I'd think you need to be West of 441 and even that was growing when I was down there.

But it could be my perspective too. I live out in the boondocks of NC on 3.5 wooded acres. Can't even see my neighbors. So I rememeber South Fla. as crowded. Just all depends on what your use to.

about 627 miles north, in north carolina, we got the awesome beaches and the great mountains,
nobody actually lives in fla, they jsut vistin:D

I could rent you a great 3 2 2 in New Port Richey and you would be close to the best GTG spot at Earls

its nice around the destin area lot of places to choose from, i live bout half hour away from the beach. im up in crestview aka the boondocks :D

love florida !!! i lived in fort myers and worked in naples.. the prices of homes grow really fast there in fort myers... naples is very beutiful , but very expensive !!!

SilvrSRT10 said:
I use to live in Boca and then Boynton Beach. I'd say anything East of 95 is packed. Between 95 and turnpike (maybe 441 now) is so-so. To feel like you have room I'd think you need to be West of 441 and even that was growing when I was down there.

But it could be my perspective too. I live out in the boondocks of NC on 3.5 wooded acres. Can't even see my neighbors. So I rememeber South Fla. as crowded. Just all depends on what your use to.

:dito: I've been trying to convince my family to leave Boynton since I left almost 7 years ago. It's so damn crowded, I don't even like going back to visit.:eek:

If you're going to move to FL, stay up North. There are a couple of spots on the West coast that are nice as well.

scottstoy said:
I'm toying with idea of moving to Forida anyone know of or recomend any nice spots, not too expensive to buy a house and near beach, small comunities and hospitals for jobs, prefered also ,,, thanks!!:)

Tampa, right now real estate is really cheap! Nice town too!:D

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back