Third Time's the Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasontiff

Reaction score
I have all of one post on here, so this will make numero dos.

Last March I bought a red SRT QC but returned it the next day. I'd asked the guys at the dealership to let me take it to A.R.T. before purchasing but they wouldn't. However, they agreed to put a clause in the buyer's contract that if anything was FUBAR that they'd take it back. The truck had a handful of problems, including signs of a wreck I hadn't seen (had a clean CarFax), signs of forced induction and a few other mechanical things I couldn't live with, so it went back. It was painless; it took less than 2 minutes to hand them the keys, get mine back and jet.

Last July I spotted a cheap Yellow Fever RC in Chicago (and last time I checked it was still for sale). I had a buddy I'd met from the Viper boards go test drive it for me and he said it was great. I negotiated a price and drove from AUSTIN to CHICAGO over the course of a day and a half. I get there and the truck was f*cked (and if any of you have looked at it you'll agree). The clutch was COMPLETELY gone; you could let it out and the truck wouldn't move until you gave it gas. I turned around and drove back to Austin.

2 weeks ago I found an '04 in Dallas and jumped on it. It needed a new tensioner (diagnosed by Chris Pharr at A.R.T. and replaced by yours truly) but the "squirrels" under the hood are officially gone as of this morning. The X-Metal shifter is too noisy for my tastes so I'm going back to stock. I plan on dropping it, tinting the windows darker, swapping the lights out and doing an exhaust. I already did the grille and SRT badge last week. It has a hair over 43k on the clock and is stock with the exception of the shifter.

When I first got it:

1.jpg

Now (like this doesn't look like at least a dozen other trucks on this board :D):

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm sure I'll have a few questions as I start playing with my new toy, so be patient with retarded ass...I'll get there!

If you didn't stumble across my other thread, I'm on my third Viper. I had a heads/cam red 1993 RT/10, a Roe Supercharged silver/blue 1998 GTS and currently own a twin turbo'd yellow/black 2001 GTS.

The 1993:

photoshoot_1.jpg

The 1998:

5.jpg

The 2002:

1.jpg

The yellow car is fairly famous in streetracing circles; if you look up "viper tx2k10" or "stacy tx2k10" on YouTube you'll find plenty of action right before I picked it up. You can also see a clip of it taking the then world record if you search "viper 8.55" on YouTube.

I'm in Kyle, TX, so if anyone in the Austin/San Antonio area wants to do something let me know. I'm good friends with TexasTonka from the Viper circles and he's not hard to coax out for a drive in his Paxton RC.

You have had and have some sweet rides!! Welcome to the club!
How does your TT Viper do playing with TexasTonka's Paxton 10?
You plan on keeping the TT Viper?

Welcome Jason! Nice meeting you and look forward to riding in that Bad Boy! I've seen and heard about it for quite some time. Couldn't imagine over 1K HP at my disposal:burnout: Your package will arrive soon, bud;)

You have had and have some sweet rides!! Welcome to the club!
How does your TT Viper do playing with TexasTonka's Paxton 10?
You plan on keeping the TT Viper?

Thanks, all!

The TT would trounce the Paxton truck because they're apples to oranges. My pump gas tune is in the ballpark of 850HP and I believe Kurt is sitting on 630HP right now. That coupled with the weight discrepancies would make it not so pretty.

I didn't scrub all the way through this video, but this is one of the clips from TX2K10. On the E85 tune the car was making 1275HP, and the bike it took down was a 1400cc ZX14 with a shot of nitrous. The pulls were in 3rd gear on a 40˚ night on Mickey Thompson ET Streets:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3WiQK_mjM"]TX2K10 Clip[/ame]

I'm actually playing with the idea of selling the car. There is a venture I want to pursue and the more money I have in it, the more upside I'll see in the long run. I was supposed to hear back about the pitch 3 days ago but have had trouble getting a hold of my buddy; if it went well I'll more than likely be selling the TT to fund the venture and will buy another Viper or a Lamborghini later this year.

And just to clarify: I sold the RT/10 to get the SC car, which I sold to get the TT. My stable would be mighty impressive if I was able to retain all of my past cars, but as it stands there is only the bumblebee and Ram...for now :D

I might add that TexasTonka has a TT GTS of his own, but we've never lined up. His build isn't quite as substantial as mine, but pump gas versus pump gas on street tires it SHOULD be pretty fun :D

Welcome from Austin,Tx! Nice rides!
Robert

How long have you been around Austin? I seem to recall a Hill Country Drive a few years ago where we had 2 SRT Rams out with us; Hickman's '05 QC and a yellow RC. The yellow truck had a little run-in with Johnny Law...

I'm actually playing with the idea of selling the car. There is a venture I want to pursue and the more money I have in it, the more upside I'll see in the long run. I was supposed to hear back about the pitch 3 days ago but have had trouble getting a hold of my buddy; if it went well I'll more than likely be selling the TT to fund the venture and will buy another Viper or a Lamborghini later this year

Hey Jason,shoot me a PM and info on the TT Viper and a $#$ your lookin to get out of it??
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back