This guy definitely loves to detail !

Not sure mine has rechargeable batteries! I gotta figure that out - unless you just buy rechargeable for it?

Not sure mine has rechargeable batteries! I gotta figure that out - unless you just buy rechargeable for it?
Yes I bought rechargeable batteries and have spares .

Another one of my acquisitions … an Air purifier.. it has a charcoal , hepa and other doohickey things in it filter .. all I did was vacuum the lint and gunk off the filter , disinfected and washed it .. works as good as new .. the filter turned out looking as good as new also even though it’s not a washable filter .. filters cost about $50 for a 2 pack .. I’m going to make my own using the washable home filters that Home Depot sells .. has all the doohickeys for a top end washable filter with plastic adjustable housing . It has a Turbo setting , filter condition lights , fan speed lights it’s big brother is identical except for he can be operated using wi-fi hahaha …it seems to work as I can tell a difference ,, cats and pets can make a place get stinky.IMG_0784.jpeg

True! Then they will wanna be best friends! :eek:
Yeah hahaha , they’ll be knocking on my door asking to use my cell phone because they had no idea they can get a car charger and still keep their phone charged … I also have the battery charger for charging different sized batteries .. so in a prolonged outage I’ll still have my devices working hahaha !

Ah the new Saga of VIPRPWR’s detail and maintenance projects ..
I retired hahahaha ! You got to know when to hold em , know when to fold em ! Know when to procrastinate, know when to run ..

IMG_0445.jpeg IMG_0804.jpeg IMG_0803.jpeg IMG_0800.jpeg IMG_0801.jpeg IMG_0802.jpeg Started on the 10 passenger wheel and wheel well detail today ..this chit is becoming like a one a day vitamin!
pulled the wheel sprayed it with super clean mixed with Dawn dishwashing liquid and water to start .. work out well .. the used the super clean and a copper Brillo pad for the inside of the rim in a full circle around the rim .. it seemed to do very well getting the stubborn baked on grunge and helped with pit marks . The one thing I noticed is the inside of the rim appears to have a coating. Of what I don’t know but my bet is a clear coat. It’s worn and appears the pitting is in the clear coat … then I used the NEVR DULL TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD DO ..It helped clean a little more … After that I used Maquirs mag polish on the inside and outside of the rim ,, Screw that crap .. took about and hour to remove it .. had to use super clean and that did the job .. I then used the REJEX on the entire rim and it shines ! Sprayed super clean on the suspension parts annd brake caliper and washed of , wiped dry .. works great ! Then used REJEX to see I’d that made it shine more .. Caliper looks great .
well the run part almost came because I decided to do the brake pads on the side … ugh ! My caliper compressing tools don’t work .. the C-clamp worker on the out pad .. the inner pistons holly chit couldn’t gat anything to work .. walked away cussing up a storm . After thinking for a while and almost saying forget it .. A light bulb turned on and I found a use for the old broken jacks handle and a suspension tie Rod fork .. for improved leverage .. I turn the wheel for better access to use the extend muther af all caliper piston compressing tools .. it just cleared the fender hahaha ! The pistons compressed and the pad went in easy . Yes, I tried
Opening the bleeder prior. So the system is getting flushed and new fluid added back in . I haven’t pumped the brake back up and won’t until I do the driver side and bleed out the old fluid in that caliper . Maybe tomorrow. All that fighting took a toll on my old ask , ugh !
I still need to find some sort of dressing for the plastic inner wells to bring them back to a clean new look !
Here are the final result pics and my fancy new tool not to mention the old disc pads : Jury Rig would be proud !

Last edited:
Ah the new Saga of VIPRPWR’s detail and maintenance projects ..
I retired hahahaha ! You got to know when to hold em , know when to fold em ! Know when to procrastinate, know when to run ..

View attachment 65894 View attachment 65895 View attachment 65896 View attachment 65897 View attachment 65898 View attachment 65899 Started on the 10 passenger wheel and wheel well detail today ..this chit is becoming like a one a day vitamin!
pulled the wheel sprayed it with super clean mixed with Dawn dishwashing liquid and water to start .. work out well .. the used the super clean and a copper Brillo pad for the inside of the rim in a full circle around the rim .. it seemed to do very well getting the stubborn baked on grunge and helped with pit marks . The one thing I noticed is the inside of the rim appears to have a coating. Of what I don’t know but my bet is a clear coat. It’s worn and appears the pitting is in the clear coat … then I used the NEVR DULL TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD DO ..It helped clean a little more … After that I used Maquirs mag polish on the inside and outside of the rim ,, Screw that crap .. took about and hour to remove it .. had to use super clean and that did the job .. I then used the REJEX on the entire rim and it shines ! Sprayed super clean on the suspension parts annd brake caliper and washed of , wiped dry .. works great ! Then used REJEX to see I’d that made it shine more .. Caliper looks great .
well the run part almost came because I decided to do the brake pads on the side … ugh ! My caliper compressing tools don’t work .. the C-clamp worker on the out pad .. the inner pistons holly chit couldn’t gat anything to work .. walked away cussing up a storm . After thinking for a while and almost saying forget it .. A light bulb turned on and I found a use for the old broken jacks handle and a suspension tie Rod fork .. for improved leverage .. I turn the wheel for better access to use the extend muther af all caliper piston compressing tools .. it just cleared the fender hahaha ! The pistons compressed and the pad went in easy . Yes, I tried
Opening the bleeder prior. So the system is getting flushed and new fluid added back in . I haven’t pumped the brake back up and won’t until I do the driver side and bleed out the old fluid in that caliper . Maybe tomorrow. All that fighting took a toll on my old ask , ugh !
I still need to find some sort of dressing for the plastic inner wells to bring them back to a clean new look !
Here are the final result pics and my fancy new tool not to mention the old disc pads : Jury Rig would be proud !
Success!!! That was a lot to manuever but great that you got it done!! Ronnie uses Pledge on his tires wonder if that would help the wheel well plastics?

Another one of my acquisitions … an Air purifier.. it has a charcoal , hepa and other doohickey things in it filter .. all I did was vacuum the lint and gunk off the filter , disinfected and washed it .. works as good as new .. the filter turned out looking as good as new also even though it’s not a washable filter .. filters cost about $50 for a 2 pack .. I’m going to make my own using the washable home filters that Home Depot sells .. has all the doohickeys for a top end washable filter with plastic adjustable housing . It has a Turbo setting , filter condition lights , fan speed lights it’s big brother is identical except for he can be operated using wi-fi hahaha …it seems to work as I can tell a difference ,, cats and pets can make a place get stinky.View attachment 65810
I missed this one! What a great grab! These things are expensive! So the money saved by rehabbing stuff gets you more to invest in lunch money trades! Lol

Here is another vid to detail your wheels .. and the products used .
Results look amazing .. I guess I’m going to get out my tooth brush and start over hahaha !

I missed this one! What a great grab! These things are expensive! So the money saved by rehabbing stuff gets you more to invest in lunch money trades! Lol
Yeap ,, the thing is I don’t need more clutter hahaha .

Success!!! That was a lot to manuever but great that you got it done!! Ronnie uses Pledge on his tires wonder if that would help the wheel well plastics?
Took a break today ,, need to let the sunburn chill a little and learn to wear a hat again .. also need to do my damn taxes ugh !

Here is another vid to detail your wheels .. and the products used .
Results look amazing .. I guess I’m going to get out my tooth brush and start over hahaha !

Some amazing products and results! Lots of work but looks well worth it to get old rusty wheels looking really fit again!!

Some amazing products and results! Lots of work but looks well worth it to get old rusty wheels looking really fit again!!
It was news to me in the vid that what I thought were pits may only be tar spots . I’ll have to see about that . Very Minor small spotting is all I see on mine !

I ordered some of this from wallyworld , suppose to be here today . I’ll be using it on the inner fender well plastic and suspension area .. choose it because it was on sale big and I needed $35 minimum for free shipping hahaha ! Also ordered a complete set of new lug nuts for the Dakota ,, they appeared to be solid metal and not the crappy dodge factory ones with some stupid chrome steal cap built on them . The part that broke off on the 1 lug nut I haven’t been able to get off yet :( .

IMG_0455.jpeg IMG_0806.jpeg

It was news to me in the vid that what I thought were pits may only be tar spots . I’ll have to see about that . Very Minor small spotting is all I see on mine !

I ordered some of this from wallyworld , suppose to be here today . I’ll be using it on the inner fender well plastic and suspension area .. choose it because it was on sale big and I needed $35 minimum for free shipping hahaha ! Also ordered a complete set of new lug nuts for the Dakota ,, they appeared to be solid metal and not the crappy dodge factory ones with some stupid chrome steal cap built on them . The part that broke off on the 1 lug nut I haven’t been able to get off yet :( .

View attachment 65905 View attachment 65906
Looks like a great deal! Product review to follow :D

I think I missed the broken lug nut :eek: that stinks :mad:

Last edited:
Looks like a great deal! Product review to follow :D

I think I missed the broken lug nut :eek: that stinks :mad:
Yes the review will come .. looks like rain today though and still waiting for the delivery of the plastic stuff .. Lug nut won’t be here till the 3rd as of now ..
The lug nut didn’t break it rounded on the head being so damn tight it actually bent my 4 way lug wrench a little before I stopped .. I have found a possible tool that is for rounded off bolts … except they seem to be sold in a kit and I only need , (hopefully ) a 17mm . The kits around $20 and I’m a tight wade when it comes to buying things I only or hopefully use once !
Also this tool could possibly come in handy to remove the screwed up wing bolts .. just can’t find the size or even sure if the make that size ..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back