This guy definitely loves to detail !

Went to Dollar general today to grab some cleaning stuff for the house .. I saw this stuff and figured I would use it and test on the rear wheel of one on the 10 for a comparison to Super Clean .

Check out what the chemicals are in each on the labels ! I had no idea what was in these degreasers .. Read the warnings hahaha !

Things like LYE and antifreeze hahaha !

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Better living with chemicals! Yikes

Oh forgot the price of the Purple Power concentrate gallon was 6.95 compared to over $10 for the Super clean concentrate gallon .. KIWI would prefer the Purple Power I’m sure :D

Oh forgot the price of the Purple Power concentrate gallon was 6.95 compared to over $10 for the Super clean concentrate gallon .. KIWI would prefer the Purple Power I’m sure :D
I've heard purple power is great! I've never tried either - .... yet lol

Did the passenger side rear wheel , caliper and inner well today .. what a mess that whelks inner well was hahaha worse that the fronts IMO .. to ugly to take a pic .. so here is the cleaning results using the Purple power .. it was decent but also went over it again with the Super clean to see if that would improve the results .. all in all both appear extremely close to equal IMO but it turned out well and did remove more gunk on the inner wheel that it did on the fronts .. all done with a scrub brush and rags …

The caliper should probably be painted as the factory powder coat was crappy thin on part of it ( you can see the thin area in the pics ).. seems to be the same on the drivers side looking at it . Still had a decent result considering . I did not do the plastic restorer yet ,, have to go buy some !
Put some REJEX on the wheel inner and outer and polished the fang center cap after shinning it up with NEVR DULL . that stuff works fantastic on bare polish aluminum ..

The disc pads are about half way worn ,, so I’ll probably get a new set for both front and rear for later down the road ,, fronts wear out twice as fast as the rears .. no idea about the emergency brake shoes .. but neve use that thing hahaha !
IMG_0904.jpegIMG_0905.jpegIMG_0903.jpeg
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE PIC POSTED LIKE THIS , ITS DONE IT SEVERAL TIMES… it turned itself and the others posted correct ? @Shaggy @ViperJeff

Looking good! You can detail the neighbors vehicles for a side gig!

Looking good! You can detail the neighbors vehicles for a side gig!
No no ,, I can supervise my neighbors to detail their own damn vehicles hahaha !

Got my some of my Wally World order today ,,, more Plastic restorer and another bottle of belly button jelly or finish off the small Dakota bed rust areas .. tomorrow I should get the couple cards of black primer to prep the bed for the bed liner paint when I decide which one I use .

Can’t find my Dremel tool yet to try to remove the wing bolts ugh ! I really need to get organized again .. hahaha !image.jpg

The final wheel completed brakes aground half left , caliper cleaned up , wheel inner and outer cleaned , wheel well cleaned and used the plastic restorer GX-3 everywhere hahaha ! Used WD-40 on all rubber grommets and nuts and bolts . It also obviously that Dodge did a crappy job painting/powder coating the calipers ! Which at some later point in time will need to be repainted .also Dodge appears to not give a damn about rust protection , leaf springs , rotors lug studs, nuts and bolts , frame etc who knows what else .
I’ll give the results a 8.5 on the 1 to 10 scale .. mostly due to Dodge and it’s cheesy half assed cheap way of doing things .
Detail products all worth the cash and time and recommended IMO ! Just a word of caution “ READ THE WARNING LABELS ON ALL THE PRODUCTS !IMG_0907.jpegIMG_0908.jpegIMG_0909.jpegIMG_0910.jpeg

Question ? What are the yellow and blue lug studs for ?

Maybe it for indexing the wheels for extra power like indexing spark plugs hahaha

Time for a test run with all wheels smiling hahaha after using the GX-3 plastic restorer on the tires ..

IMG_0914.jpegIMG_0913.jpegIMG_0912.jpeg
IMG_0911.jpeg

Well 1 thing I did notice on the 10 lug nuts is they are like the Dakota lug nuts that have a chrome cap on then .. those will all be replace with solid chine lug nuts soon .. I’m not about to go through with the same problem as the Dakota , where the lug nut cap breaks and rounds off the lug nut .. irritating that Dodge knows this is a problem and has been for decades ..

Question ? What are the yellow and blue lug studs for ?

Maybe it for indexing the wheels for extra power like indexing spark plugs hahaha
To match the Bilsteins?? Hahahaha!

Well 1 thing I did notice on the 10 lug nuts is they are like the Dakota lug nuts that have a chrome cap on then .. those will all be replace with solid chine lug nuts soon .. I’m not about to go through with the same problem as the Dakota , where the lug nut cap breaks and rounds off the lug nut .. irritating that Dodge knows this is a problem and has been for decades ..
Good idea to change them out! It must save a penny a piece in the cost to produce the truck! Lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back