This or that...

riley6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had a choice between modifying your SRT10 RC or trading for a 2001 stock (just exhaust) Viper, what would you do and why?

I you are going to go back that far, get a '99 ACR...there are still a few low mileage ones around...I bid on one in Orlando that only had 4000 miles.

With the '99 you get the forged rods and pistons.

It really depends on what you do with the vehicle. If its just a toy, then get the Viper but if its going to be your daily drive then there is a lot more to consider.

Yeah I sold the truck and never really liked it too much but I don't want a Viper either. The truck could never have been fast enough without selling my soul. The guy wants to road race and do some drags and he has a limited budget. The Viper is the way to go for that. I think I'm about the only objective opinion seeing as I don't own either a Viper car or truck. I do agree with buying an earlier model that came forged from the factory.

ChrisAZ said:
Yeah I sold the truck...I think I'm about the only objective opinion seeing as I don't own either a Viper car or truck.

You and Tim, Ken and, and, well he is in a very different class, The Sickness.

Viper all the way. The 96-99 GTS did not have ABS, but it did come with forged internals. 2001 has ABS but cast internals.

The 96-99 had less HP also right? I really want a 03-05 version, but depends on what the bank (wife) approves.

And it would be a toy, my daily driver is a leased Trailblazer (long story).

if you are goind 03-05 remember and be careful with your mods, they have the same lousy internals the trucks do, so be prepared;)

Stinker said:
if you are goind 03-05 remember and be careful with your mods, they have the same lousy internals the trucks do, so be prepared;)

Right, only light mods without new guts. But a lightly moded SRT10 vs a lightly moded Viper? Honestly, any comparison?

Depends on what you want...totally different vehicles...the heart is the same the application and impact are different.

The make about 1800 Vipers a year and have been for a long time.

These trucks were made for three years. Had a guy at a stop light today say: "I've only seen one or two of those in the past two or three years..."

Answer your own question...what do you want, why do you want it?

Don't delegate to us...most of us are pretty biased.

riley6 said:
Right, only light mods without new guts. But a lightly moded SRT10 vs a lightly moded Viper? Honestly, any comparison?

eehhh, had the chance to get a viper at a killer price, sat in it, drove it, and it was cool! very very sweet!

but , it didnt have any room, no where to put anything, the a/c sucked, plus i can stretch out and get laid in the ram;)

Prof said:
...what do you want, why do you want it?

Now! :dontknow:
4.gif

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back